Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

17 minutes ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Aeroglass working on build 15063.11:

Also, as something curious to mention, look at how the AeroglassGUI tool modifies the blur level of the Groove app in this build, is another use to add to this excellent tool :thumbup

That not aeroglass working. If it was working it would have clear blurred borders just like it would had on Windows Vista & 7.

13 minutes ago, daveo76 said:
34 minutes ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Aeroglass working on build 15063.11:

Also, as something curious to mention, look at how the AeroglassGUI tool modifies the blur level of the Groove app in this build, is another use to add to this excellent tool :thumbup

That not aeroglass working. If it was working it would have clear blurred borders just like it would had on Windows Vista & 7. Also sorry for double same post. I was trying to edit my last post

Edited by daveo76

6 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

That not aeroglass working. If it was working it would have clear blurred borders just like it would had on Windows Vista & 7.

Read my previous comments, I said clearly that it does not work at 100% and has some bugs when blur is enabled, that's why I have the blur disabled, but if you want to see blur here you have it

172fd6fb207d348d266c69df277524417bdbe530

1 minute ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Read my previous comments, I said clearly that it does not work at 100% and has some bugs when blur is enabled, that's why I have the blur disabled, but if you want to see blur here you have it

Now I can see a bit of transparency. For Insider Builds I always use WindowBlinds which has similar effect to working aero glass on all Windows 10 builds. But BigMuscle aeroglass is still better

50 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

@carlitosoo555Now I know your screenshot is a fake. I just tried it and causes my screen to go black and windows to become unstable. Also BigMuscle's AeroGlass doesn't modifier the taskbar.

LOL, I have no reason to come here and put fake screenshot, on the other hand, I have installed Starlsback and there I have enabled the blur in the taskbar and for some reason Aeroglass has a direct influence on the blur of the taskbar As I show below, if you do not want to believe it is not my problem:81e45515b7bb90737d5262cb128c696225c3133d

Edited by carlitosoo555

I tried installing version 1.5.3 and that was a disaster--just more or less locked up my system and I had to restore a recent backup.  By the way, after installation you do get some new symbols, so therefore no incompatibility message.  You can get version 1.5.1 on there without locking up the system but I really had no luck getting any transparency or blur, for that matter, whether using AeroGlassGUI or not--title bars pretty much look as if there was no installation.  We'll just have to wait until Bigmuscle has his first experimental build for rs2.

Edited by genecooper

21 hours ago, daveo76 said:

@carlitosoo555Please provide step by step instruction. How you get it working. You should had mentioned before you using StartIsBack for taskbar blur. lol.

Since there is still no official version or test version of Aeroglass for the Creators Update, I don't know if Bigmuscle will allow me to publish here the way I made his program work partially and with some bugs on build 15063, yesterday I sent him a message asking if I could do it.

Edited by carlitosoo555

It would make no sense. There is no Aero Glass for build 15063, so there is nothing to discuss.

People just should realize if they fill the topic with the off-topic stuff, I will not be able to respond to the valid posts.

As valid as BM's reasons are to avoid cluttering this thread it also makes no sense to not create a new thread solely for discussion and speculation, at least from as far as I can gather. It could be kept until BM decides enough is enough regardless of whether or not he creates a new version for the Creator's update simply to have a place for things he deems as filler/off-topic. Just a thought to help keep things on topic.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, bigmuscle said:

It would make no sense. There is no Aero Glass for build 15063, so there is nothing to discuss.

People just should realize if they fill the topic with the off-topic stuff, I will not be able to respond to the valid posts.

Big Muscle, I was just thinking people would like hearing any thoughts you have about the new version.  I know I would.  :)

I was just dropping a hint that folks, myself included, really like your software and hope you'll continue to develop it (though I wouldn't blame you if Microsoft has made you tired of having to re-develop it). 

You've done such good work in the past people are hoping you'll continue, that's all.  I had build 1607 build 14393 running (and looking) very nice, in no small part because of your fine work.   I've been using - trying to use - the Windows 10 out-of-box UI while testing version 1703 build 15063 and frankly it sucks pretty hard.  And of course I'm indebted to you for making my Windows 8.1 set up the system I can count on continuing to use on my real hardware.  Thank you!

-Noel