Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Recommended Posts

dhjohns    163
On 4/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, bigmuscle said:

It would make no sense. There is no Aero Glass for build 15063, so there is nothing to discuss.

People just should realize if they fill the topic with the off-topic stuff, I will not be able to respond to the valid posts.

Whether it makes sense or not, I am using build 15063 as my main drive, at least until rs3 comes out, and I have aeroglass working on it.  I believe that people should have the opportunity to discuss what they are doing with 15063, and any failures or successes they have had along the way.  Actually it makes perfect sense to have this thread.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeNS    1
17 hours ago, NoelC said:

You've done such good work in the past people are hoping you'll continue, that's all.  I had build 1607 build 14393 running (and looking) very nice, in no small part because of your fine work. 

A couple of words about "very nice": I know, it's very popular here to sing praises to @bigmuscle and I know his "principal" position: "It's a donate-ware so I don't care about f&^$g customer requests and bug reports" (BTW, I donated him twice, and probably it was a mistake - fortunately, not so big).

BTW, as for "very nice": previous and latest releases has a critical BUG which affects directly to the Windows 10 functionality, I mentioned it in this post. Still no response at all, not ETA, nothing! I know what you or other "apostles" can say: "he's very busy", "nobody needs a full-screen apps" etc. However it's a BUG and showstopper for me - I can't use buggy aeroglass anymore (he-he, and I'm not a customer, just a "donator" :()

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bigmuscle    524

I do not see any critical bug in your post. You can always switch UWP app to the fullscreen mode with Ctrl+Maximize which has been said here several times. However, if you rely on some UWP app where its functionality is limited with using glass frame, you can always switch to the classic frame with "regsvr32 /u DWMGlass.dll", as has been said here several times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripredacus    286

Is this "tablet mode button" something needed when using a mobile device in actual tablet mode, where you have only a touchscreen to use and not a keyboard and mouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raiden89    25

Lol all this discussion about 15063...

Just wait until RS3 with Project Neon. It will probably be all the "glass" we need from what's been shown in current fast ring apps (groove, movies & tv, etc) and other screenshots that have leaked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raiden89    25
1 hour ago, bigmuscle said:

I do not see any critical bug in your post. You can always switch UWP app to the fullscreen mode with Ctrl+Maximize which has been said here several times. However, if you rely on some UWP app where its functionality is limited with using glass frame, you can always switch to the classic frame with "regsvr32 /u DWMGlass.dll", as has been said here several times.

I think you fail to see where the actual bug is...and I can even get a screenshot if you like but with Aero Glass enabled, there is no close/minimize/maximize buttons in full-screen UWP apps. The buttons disappear completely. The top right of the bar will be empty. Nothing to click on. I am not sure how else to describe it, but when a UWP gets full-screened, you cant get out of it without going to the taskbar, right clicking and trying to restore/close it.

While it may not be a "showstopping" bug, its still something that prevents me from using AG. Too much of an inconvenience.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkKnight    8

Just installed the Creators Update last night and the latest version of AeroGlass is not compatible, after installing the update and rebooting I instantly got the message that AeroGlass was not compatible, chose to leave it installed and Windows started acting like it was on acid leaving Window trails if I moved windows around, I uninstalled AeroGlass and everything is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeNS    1
4 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I do not see any critical bug in your post. You can always switch UWP app to the fullscreen mode with Ctrl+Maximize which has been said here several times. However, if you rely on some UWP app where its functionality is limited with using glass frame, you can always switch to the classic frame with "regsvr32 /u DWMGlass.dll", as has been said here several times.

Your app is broke Windows primary functionality but you don't see anything wrong? Actually, issue is not in the maximizing but in inability to switch back. And "thanks" for your advice: I don't want to have a bunch of completely different looking captions :( You know, I found a better solution - I completely uninstalled AeroGlass from my PC and trying to get used to work without it.

What I really don't understand: why don't you add this functionality? Is it too complicated to properly add and emulate this button for some captions (where it must appear)? What is the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeNS    1
3 hours ago, raiden89 said:

While it may not be a "showstopping" bug, its still something that prevents me from using AG. Too much of an inconvenience.

For me it "showstopper" 'cause I'm the developer of one of these apps (where this bug is very annoying). I was a customer of AeroGlass for a couple of years (actually, since first betas) and donated twice but now I must uninstall this app :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveo76    71
5 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

Just installed the Creators Update last night and the latest version of AeroGlass is not compatible, after installing the update and rebooting I instantly got the message that AeroGlass was not compatible, chose to leave it installed and Windows started acting like it was on acid leaving Window trails if I moved windows around, I uninstalled AeroGlass and everything is fine.

AeroGlass doesn't work on Creators Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bigmuscle    524
7 hours ago, SeNS said:

Your app is broke Windows primary functionality but you don't see anything wrong? Actually, issue is not in the maximizing but in inability to switch back. And "thanks" for your advice: I don't want to have a bunch of completely different looking captions :( You know, I found a better solution - I completely uninstalled AeroGlass from my PC and trying to get used to work without it.

What I really don't understand: why don't you add this functionality? Is it too complicated to properly add and emulate this button for some captions (where it must appear)? What is the problem?

I don't say that I don't want this fix/add it. It is just not so easy to be done so it is not the main priority. And I know it may sounds wrong for someone, but if someone thinks that switching one UWP app to fullscreen is the primary functionality of Windows than Aero Glass is nothing he should use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dhjohns    163
10 hours ago, daveo76 said:

AeroGlass doesn't work on Creators Update.

If you just want to fix 3rd party themes to get rid of boxes around the windows captions, and do not really care about transparency, v1.4.6 works just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeNS    1
8 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I don't say that I don't want this fix/add it. It is just not so easy to be done so it is not the main priority.

It's a first time you've mentioned that... I would never start complaining if you showed some attention to my bug report (even if it's not a main priority). I can wait, the only weird thing it's a disregarding.

By the way, why don't you use public bug tracker (like a github or - I'm 100% sure - you can find a lot of free services)? This site is OK for user discussions and to share opinions and impressions but definitely not intended for the bugs and feature requests tracking. Using pro tracking system will help you and your customers (or "donators" as you prefer to call your customers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×