Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Zollex

Prevent IE 10 from suggesting upgrade to IE 11

There is no way to prevent, when opening IE10, it opens a tab that suggests to upgrade to IE11?

Posted (edited)

I had the impression that IE 11 is supported on Windows 8 too. Supported on Windows 7 and not on Windows 8? Not anymore perhaps but I have stored the last version of IE 11 supported on Windows 8 (even if I don't use it at the moment) from Microsoft's site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads

Now it says that IE 11 is not supported on Windows 8 but this is the page from where I downloaded IE 11 some time ago. Now that I check it the file that I downloaded has the same name with the one for Windows 7 and it is version 11.0.0.7, so if you find version 11.0.0.7 for Windows 7 it must work on Windows 8 too. (You may say that the version reported in the file details has one more zero; I suppose 11.0.0.7 and 11.0.7 is the same).

Edited by HarryTri