Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

F3lixChan

How I make the ThemeAtlas only have caption glow ?

Hello all.

Just want ask.

For now , I'm using Windows 10 default theme with Aero Glass v1.5.3

How I make the ThemeAtlas .png only have caption glow (like windows 7 caption glow) , but without theme style.

Mean Windows 10 default theme + Aero Glass v1.5.3 + ThemeAtlas .png (caption glow)

You would have to extract the theme atlas from the resource attached to the theme DLL into a .PNG file, then modify just the caption glow portion of the image.  Then when you load it via Aero Glass for Win 8+ it would just keep all the graphics the same except for the glow portion.  I did that a long while back with the Aero7 theme I use for my Win 8.1 desktop, though I also updated the caption button graphics.

I have in the past done the resource extraction with Microsoft Visual Studio, and the second part with Adobe Photoshop.  I used to have notes on precisely where to look in the theme file for the resource that is the theme atlas PNG but I seem to have misplaced them.

-Noel

Regarding resource extraction, you can also use Resource Hacker, the first item under STREAM is the PNG you're looking for.

• Upvote 1