Let the Re-Tweakage Begin

NoelC

@ NoelC

Reporting back:

No antivirus, Windows Defender and UAC disabled,  I expanded the dowload on a folder on C:\, added SQLite3.exe and SetACL.exe (x64) to same folder, then selected Windows10ReTweaker.bat and ran it as admin (even having UAC disabled), selecting all options: Services and task were disabled, But no App, Cortana or Edge were uninstalled. Ran it a second time after a reboot, same result.

There were some things I noticed: SetACL.exe is not a known command, and also path to Apps was not found.

My installed OS is Win 10 x64 Pro es-MX 1703 Build 15063, the very last Creators update RTM or equivalent, just downloaded and fresh installed from ISO (not updating a previous OS).

alacran

Did you put the executables in the same folder as the batch file or in your path?  It will need to find the SQLite3 command when it's running, and it sets its default directory to the folder in which the .bat file is located.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

12 hours ago, alacran said:

@ NoelC

Reporting back:

No antivirus, Windows Defender and UAC disabled,  I expanded the dowload on a folder on C:\, added SQLite3.exe and SetACL.exe (x64) to same folder

Yes i did.

I'm sorry; I can't explain why those commands couldn't be found on your system...  They are simple command line executables.  You can look in the .bat file and see how they're accessed.

The CMD window should be started "As Administrator".

You could alter the batch file to do @ECHO ON instead of OFF and you should be able to see the actual commands being executed.  Do that and post the results here.

There must be a permissions or path problem somehow.  Try running the commands interactively to make sure you have what you think you have...

When I run SetACL I see this:

SetACLScreenGrab.png

-Noel

I believe I have Windows 10 all re-tweaked.  No Apps, private, nice desktop, minimal process count (in the low 80s with an empty desktop), passes integrity checks, runs all my "legacy" Win32 desktop software OK including some that cuts deep, such as Sphinx Windows Firewall Control and Classic Shell.

Win10CreatorsEditionTweaked.png

The only minor issue I know of at the moment, and this is from reading elsewhere, is that Windows Update can't be convinced to deliver patches to other Microsoft Products (e.g., Office) with my current configuration.  One person over on AskWoody.com has already been experimenting with this.  The box is grayed out with an asterisk here.  I have more experimentation to do.

GrayedOut.png

-Noel

35 minutes ago, CKyHC said:

NoelC, wich version of AeroGlass you're using on 1703 Windows version?

6H8NrF4.png

Edit: Sorry, I missed the part about areoglass, since this thred is't about AG....

Edited by mikedigitize

27 minutes ago, mikedigitize said:

Edit: Sorry, I missed the part about areoglass, since this thred is't about AG....

Yes, it's right. But on NoelC's screen written "Better borders and translucency via Aero Glass for Win8+". But there is no properly working version of AeroGlass for Version 1703... That's why I ask...

It's a pre-release test version Big Muscle was kind enough to provide to me so I could help test it.  It's got a few problems with Modern Apps that I'm sure he feels need to be worked out before sending it out to the world.  Thankfully it can facilitate theme replacement, though part 2 is that it's impossible to change the theme from the Settings App on the Modern side.  The old control panel applet is still available, but I imagine it'll be out by the next release.

And Windows 10 v1703 isn't too perfect yet either...  I've seen a number of small problems with it.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

3 hours ago, NoelC said:

Thankfully it can facilitate theme replacement, though part 2 is that it's impossible to change the theme from the Settings App on the Modern side.  The old control panel applet is still available, but I imagine it'll be out by the next release.

If MS remove classic personalization panel at all, it's not so scare - it's exists 3rd party software for this: Personalization Panel for Windows 10 by Winaero http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1822

:D:D:D

The CMD window should be started "As Administrator".

Call an exefile from a (Admin-Batch), that just lays in the same non-environment folder, doesnt work anymore !

If you run something "as Admin" you end up in System32 directly (not sure when MS did that) (and you can not set the runnig dir, in the batch, cause you are allready in system32 (by noel does it work, cause he propably installed the ADK´s (or wherever they are inside, and this installer add a environment variable, so he can call it from everywhere, - or they was copied to a environmentpath like system32... - just copy the exe files to a path like system32 and you can call them from everywhere.... (or stop working with relative paths, use absolute...)

I dont know, why Microsoft try to force users, to copy every crappy tool from the internet to system32, but i am sure, some guys will like that...

Run that Batch 1 Time Normal, and 1 Time as Admin :D:D:D

@Echo Off
Echo ...................................
Echo   Congratulations You are in %CD%
Echo ...................................
pause
Edited by R4D3