Has anyone built a Ryzen-based PC yet?

E-66

I haven't been on the forum much in the last year, and it seems like the traffic has really slowed down on several subforums.  I thought for sure I'd see some Ryzen talk now that it's mid-April, but there's nothing.  No one wants to be an early adopter?  Waiting for more motherboards to be released?  BIOSes to be improved?  What's the deal?

Edited by E-66

It will be a long time for me to consider using that, since it is Windows 10 only. I will try to stay using Windows 7 as long as possible. When I have to make a new PC for Windows 10, I will be looking at Ryzen as a possibility.

6 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

It will be a long time for me to consider using that, since it is Windows 10 only.

I thought that was debunked?  I believe it's possible to install Windows 7 and 8.1, but that there are issues using Windows Update, or Microsoft Update, or whatever it's called.

Well sure you can install Windows 7 onto it. We will have to see what people experience with it. I know there are some games that do need some updates, and I haven't found out if this CPU blocking thing only effects Windows Update, or effects updates themselves. For example, what if there is a game that needs an update that isn't available in the catalog? I think my example of H1Z1 requiring an update is not yet a good example because you can get those from MS with just your browser. I'm just thinking of the future and I think I'll let it play out.