When will there be a version for Windows 10 1703?

I have a feeling something has happened to BM that stops him from his work.  If so, there probably won't be any areoglass for the Creators Update or future versions.  It'd be nice if somehow we could find out what his status is but I'm not sure anybody knows how it could be verified.

4 hours ago, genecooper said:

I have a feeling something has happened to BM that stops him from his work.  If so, there probably won't be any areoglass for the Creators Update or future versions.  It'd be nice if somehow we could find out what his status is but I'm not sure anybody knows how it could be verified.

Hopefully he's ok.   Thinking of trying windowsblinds.   I really shouldn't be so cheap.   What was the key for aeroglass, $5?  I've been using it for a few years now.   What's $10 to bridge the gap between big windows updates and aeroglass updates?

Looked at Windows Blinds and didn't like it.  Seems like you had to change the whole interface to get some glass.  Hopefully BM will come back and give us something to work with--let's hope he is ok.

12 hours ago, genecooper said:

Looked at Windows Blinds and didn't like it.  Seems like you had to change the whole interface to get some glass.  Hopefully BM will come back and give us something to work with--let's hope he is ok.

I decided to give a try.   It's not bad.   You get about 10 premade skins and there's a menu to change the level of transparency (I usually crank it right up).    I chose the win8 skin because it looked most like win10.  The things I'm not liking about it are:

1)  It doesn't only add transparency, it changes how some of the graphics look in menus and stuff.

2)  I'm not sure if it's me but it make's the OS seems a little sluggish.   It doesn't feel as snappy as Aeroglass.  I checked my task manager and it's not really burning much for CPU usage, but it makes the OS seems less responsive :(

I don't do anything fancy with aeroglass.  I install it, crank transparency to almost the highest setting and that it's it.    Windowsblinds will do for now, but Aeroglass is definitely better.    If/when an update comes back i'm definitely going back to aeroglass.

Edited by Zod

On 4/24/2017 at 11:27 PM, bigmuscle said:

Very soon.

Bigmuscle: When you finally do release an AeroGlass version compatible with the Creators Update, could you please include an option to disable/enable the modern frame glass effect on UWP apps.  When enabled It ends up screwing up UWP apps that use custom title bar headers - like the Edge browser.  Deregistering the DLL didn't work for me so I had to downgrade to v1.5.1 on my anniversary update machines. I'm still holding off on upgrading my machines until you release a new Creator's version.

I hope all is well in your world - Many of us are patiently waiting.  Any kind of status update would be much appreciated :)

That was awesome timing.  I made a 2nd attempt at installing creators update tonight, and was trying to use 1.4.5 to make aeroglass work.   Conflicted with my video driver and caused screen flicker.  Came back here to see how other people made that work, and noticed the beta came out!! :)

Thanks BigMuscle!

6 hours ago, JTB3 said:

Can someone please quickly outline the steps to test/register the new beta DWMGlass.dll on the Creators Update?

Much appreciated! -JT :)

To get it working I added DWMGlass.dll to my c:\areoglass directory (do this first as you might have trouble adding it if the old one is running) and then ran the install for version 1.51 (seems to work better than 1.52 or 1.53).  Running fine.  Put your donation key in the directory if you want to avoid being prompted for that.  I'm using the latest version of modernframe.dll and NoelC's rounded corners.

Update: Reverted back to non-areoglass since the beta seems to be to kicking in and out when I close certain windows.  Not stable enough at this point for me, at least the way I have it set up (there may be a better way).  Will probably just wait for the final to avoid the watermark and a minimized DWMGlass window.

Edited by genecooper

22 hours ago, genecooper said:

To get it working I added DWMGlass.dll to my c:\areoglass directory (do this first as you might have trouble adding it if the old one is running) and then ran the install for version 1.51 (seems to work better than 1.52 or 1.53).  Running fine.  Put your donation key in the directory if you want to avoid being prompted for that.  I'm using the latest version of modernframe.dll and NoelC's rounded corners.

Update: Reverted back to non-areoglass since the beta seems to be to kicking in and out when I close certain windows.  Not stable enough at this point for me, at least the way I have it set up (there may be a better way).  Will probably just wait for the final to avoid the watermark and a minimized DWMGlass window.

Thank you genecooper!  Most helpful... -JT