Real Browser Download Manager Integration?

HoppaLong

The most popular browser addon, plugin, or extension is a download manager.  The browser
I'm using right now has Download With > FlashGet in the Context Menu.  If all your downloads
are direct links, this type of integration is all you need.

95% of my downloads are redirects.  That means a new tab or window opens before the download
starts.  All cloud storage file and video sites use redirects (also called URL forwarding).  Your
favorite download manager is useless most of the time.  The "Save As" browser applet seems to
be your only option.

I recently tried Portable SlimBoat.  It claims to have a fully functional download manager that will
pause or resume broken downloads.

Here is a direct quote from FlashPeak:

"You no longer have to worry about broken downloads. You can close the web browser and pause
all the download jobs. In the next session, you can pick up the download jobs right where you left
it off.
"

I tested SlimBoat with a 75 MB file.  At 50% I closed the manager.  Half the file (about 37.5 MB) should
have been cached to my local drive, so the download could be resumed.  It didn't work.  The file was
listed as zero bytes.  This would never happen with a "real" manager like uGet, EagleGet, FlashGet, etc.

I know how to use most any browser, but I'm not an expert on how they function.  Is there a lightweight
browser that will integrate and launch a real download manager with redirects?