Origin Bypass

burd

7 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Does this present a scenario where you had a perfectly working thing, then the software updated and now it says you can't use it?

No,I didnt have it installed before,but i recently read that most of the features arent available in the legacy versions of origin,so if theres a way to bypass the O/S check then maybe we can use origin with all the features again.

I think it depends on how Origin goes about determining which OS it is installed/running on. If no one knows how it is done, then you'd need to see what Origin does on both a compatible and non-compatible system with a debugger or Process Monitor. But I think such a thing as simple as that would fall under the "reverse engineer" prohibition on 1.A. of the Origin EULA:

http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/EULA_Origin_EN-ROW_PC_5.26.16.pdf

So the only recourse would be to ask on an official EA or Origin forum.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, Tripredacus said:

I think it depends on how Origin goes about determining which OS it is installed/running on. If no one knows how it is done, then you'd need to see what Origin does on both a compatible and non-compatible system with a debugger or Process Monitor. But I think such a thing as simple as that would fall under the "reverse engineer" prohibition on 1.A. of the Origin EULA:

http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/EULA_Origin_EN-ROW_PC_5.26.16.pdf

So the only recourse would be to ask on an official EA or Origin forum.

yea they will gladly make a new version specially for me if i ask them :/

Not being rude here but its the truth