Palemoon and Logitech Gaming Software

burd

Hi fellas, im posting here just in case someone knows a quick fix for these issues,the issue is that Palemoon and Logitech Gaming Software both when opened on vista instantly crashes,ive tried installing microsoft runtimes and other things hoping they would run but they dont,any idea what i can do?

My System
Nvidia GTX 1060
Intel Core i7 6700HQ(Skylake)
Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
1TB HDD and 12GB Ram

Software
Logitech Gaming Software:  8.92.67/8.81.15/8.81.19/8.90.117 (tried many)
Palemoon Browser : 27.3.0

I have all windows updates installed.
Installed .Net Framework 4.6.1 and Runtimes 2010/2013/2015(All available)

Any Help Appreciated :)

Edited by burd

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

When they crash, do they create anything in the Application event log?

there doesnt seem to be any for both of them,considering none of them have worked it maybe possible that either ive missed the log somewhere or its not created.

When i installed palemoon and attempted to start it,it instantly comes up with an error palemoon has stopped working

Logitech comes up with "Logitech gaming framework has stopped working"

Any idea where i can check just in case ive missed it,i checked in the installation directory,temp files,documents

1 hour ago, JodyT said:

Gamepad support was removed from recent builds of Pale Moon.  This was decided after a survey which cited the featured was less desired.  Could that be the issue?

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15075&p=111545&hilit=survey#p111545

I dont use a gamepad so it should work,the minute i click on palemoon it instantly popsup a window showing "Palemoon Has Stopped Working"

On 5/5/2017 at 7:58 PM, Tripredacus said:

When they crash, do they create anything in the Application event log?

Apparently "MSVCR120.DLL" is missing,how do i get the files needed. Any links ?

Ok,i Successfully Fixed Both the Problems

I installed each and every VCRedist C++ (2005/2008/2010/2012/2013/2015) This Fixed the Logitech Software,But Palemoon still crashed,So what i did is i went to windows system32 and got the msvcr120 dll file and replaced it with the dll in the palemoons installation directory,after doing this palemoon worked.

Thanks for all your help/suggestions :)

5 hours ago, jumper said:

Is the msvcr120 version now "12.00.21005.1 built by: REL" ?

Unsure,Haven't Checked, i Just installed all the packages available from the official microsoft website and made sure the programs worked

Edited by burd

19 hours ago, jumper said:

Please check. This is the version I have multiple copies of from various older versions of gecko browsers.

i'll have a look

The version Number does seem to be 12.0.21005.1

Edited by burd

If Skylake supports AVX and FMA3 instructions, you should use msvcr120.dll version 12.0.40660.0 or later:

Symptoms
Some floating-point math library functions in the Visual C++ 2013 x64 C Runtime (CRT) do not correctly check whether certain AVX and FMA3 instructions are available before the functions try to use them. If the instructions are not available for use, calls to these functions cause an illegal instruction exception (0xc000001d). Affected functions include log, log10, and pow, and others.

This problem is most likely to occur in the following scenarios:

* On an old version of the Windows operating system that does not support AVX state saving (for example, Windows Vista) if it's used on a computer that supports the AVX instruction set
* If AVX state saving is explicitly disabled in the operating system boot configuration
* In the Windows Preinstall Environment (Windows PE)

Note Windows PE does not support AVX state saving.

Cause
This problem occurs because the Visual C++ 2013 x64 C Runtime does not check whether the operating system supports AVX state saving before it tries to run AVX or FMA3 instructions.

Resolution
This update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Update 5 Redistributable Package is released as a download-only update and isn’t distributed through Windows Update. Redistribution of this update is allowed, subject to the same license terms as granted by the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 release.

The article contains direct download links.

Edited by jumper
formatting

4 minutes ago, jumper said:

If Skylake supports AVX and FMA3 instructions, you should use msvcr120.dll version 12.0.40660.0 or later:

The article contains direct download links.

An hour back i updated it,thanks for the heads up though :)

1 hour ago, jumper said:

Are your Palemoon and Logitech Gaming Software versions 32- or 64-bit? I think 12.0.40660.0 is 64-bit-only. The latest 32-bit mscvrt120 might still be 12.0.21005.1.

<-------

64bit

Edited by burd