Nvidia Drivers Install on Vista

burd

Hello guys, today i was fiddling around with the windows 7 nvidia drivers and trying to get them work under vista and i did succeed to a certain extent but there were a few drawbacks noticed a few being, Low utilization of the GPU, Nvidia Control Panel Not Opening,in the link below which ive provided you will find that aero is enabled and the driver itself is functioning.

Now i would like some tips/advice if anyone can provide on how i could utilize the full extent of the gpu and get nvidia control panel working aswell.

Any Advice would be appreciated,i will try to get a few of these drivers functional on vista if possible.

My Specs:-

Windows Vista SP2 x64 Ultimate
i7 6700HQ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
Nvidia Driver 381.89

On 5/12/2017 at 7:59 AM, Dibya said:

okay dependencies with dependency walker 

it works only sometimes,sometimes black screen on startup,so i downgraded to 372.70,now stable

• 3 months later...

¿Your modding works? I tried run 382,x modded drivers, to get support for a new gt 1030 without success, installation window shows driver correctly installed, but after restart the monitor stays black, i hear startup sound ,but didnt get videosignal,only on safe mode

11 hours ago, yousuckstoo said:

¿Your modding works? I tried run 382,x modded drivers, to get support for a new gt 1030 without success, installation window shows driver correctly installed, but after restart the monitor stays black, i hear startup sound ,but didnt get videosignal,only on safe mode

i downloaded drivers from softpedia the final working driver for 1080,1070 and 1060gtx is 372.70

Modded ones work partially but a full working is always better

Edited by burd

1 hour ago, burd said:

i downloaded drivers from softpedia the final working driver for 1080,1070 and 1060gtx is 372.70

Modded ones work partially but a full working is always better

What's the link?  It might be possible to use it to hack the future drivers to continue using Vista (my preferred 64-bit OS) user interface.

2 hours ago, 98SE said:

What's the link?  It might be possible to use it to hack the future drivers to continue using Vista (my preferred 64-bit OS) user interface.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphics-Driver-37270-64-bit.shtml

there are more drivers upto 373.06 i think but above 372.70 none work really
Do inform me if you find any progress :)

Edited by burd