Backporting latest Nvdia And AMD driver to XP

Dibya

Any one interest in back porting pascal and crimson driver to XP please show some support here
I have plan to put AMD driver into vista even as my friend asked me .

Nvdia not provided driver to XP for their TitanXP we should start war against them .

Even left XP with vulkan and some terrible bugs . Nvdia should have shame on them .

Work of war ::
* Back port their newer 7 driver to XP

* Fine tune the driver to beat them

*Enhance the driver for more better gfx  output

As long as is "just" backporting, it may be done, but there's no way custom drivers will be more efficient than the official ones. At least, not for NVIDIA. (different story for AMD which released crappy drivers few years ago and modders demonstrated that it was possible to make better drivers than the official ones, even though it was a slightly different scenario). XP is faster than newer Windows OS "per se", which means that it actually gets more fps than its rivals on supported hardware. The problem is that there are many ways to make newer GPUs to work:

A) using inf modding that we all know doesn't always work.

B) cross fingers and hope that the new kernel will have all the functions to make win 7 drivers work: very unlikely considering the actual stage of things. I mean, kernel mod by Dibya is reality, functions have been backported and, on a separate scenario, Windows longhorn by Samuka almost has the full Vista compatibility, including a few x64 drivers, which seems crazy, but it's reality. On the other hand, it's still far from being "compatible enough", 'cause the amount of work is indescribable.

C) Backporting existing win 7 drivers which would probably lead to a working desktop, full resolution, high bit depth, high refresh rate, but would leak in providing basic hardware acceleration (2D and 3D) and definitely OpenCl. Even though there might be a way to "enable" basic video acceleration via OpenGL and 3D acceleration by D3DX9, it would be buggy and definitely slower than cards running using official drivers in supported Win. 

I know that it's not a very "bright" perspective, but it's a realistic one. I'm myself using Windows XP x86 in virtual machine via Fedora 'cause my new computer doesn't support XP: UEFI (no legacy BIOS option available), AHCI only (no IDE support), new NVIDIA GPU (inf modding not working with official drivers), Kabylake CPU, unsupported motherboard with DDR4... Last but not least, although I did the webcam passthrough, I can't even use Skype to call my family 'cause there are no drivers for XP... (Win 10 only). In a nutshell: will we be able to use Windows XP 'till 2019 (and possibly, even after such a date)? Yes. Will we be able to use our hardware at 100%? Not quite sure, but probably no. The way I see it, we will soon be able to run XP via VM only, which is not quite bad, considering that under Linux VMWare and Virtualbox are quite well done and provide a good user experience, even if you wanna play games.

Edited by FranceBB

@FranceBB if we able to get dxkrnl.sys work our all problems will vanish in this aspect like performance issue of newer os driver in xp . XP will WDDM 2.0 compatible soon .

i know tough to trace one function out and add it into binary. Respect to those moders like Rloew , wildbill , BWC , Xeno86 

i will see gfx driver later on . now kidding around with intel usb 3.0. I am unable to use any usb port under asus z170 a

Edited by Dibya

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Dibya said:

Any one interest in back porting pascal and crimson driver to XP please show some support here
I have plan to put AMD driver into vista even as my friend asked me .

Nvdia not provided driver to XP for their TitanXP we should start war against them .

Even left XP with vulkan and some terrible bugs . Nvdia should have shame on them .

Work of war ::
* Back port their newer 7 driver to XP

* Fine tune the driver to beat them

*Enhance the driver for more better gfx  output

No need to wage war Dibya.  Start off just making the GTX 1000 Pascal series 2D Graphics driver (HDMI and VGA) function in XP (unaltered).  I suggest start with GTX 1050/1050Ti model which has best low wattage performance and very affordable for testing.

Then HDMI Audio out driver working.

Then people can at least do tests to make sure it can browse the internet and watch videos with VLC and simple stuff in beta stage driver.

Confirm HDCP functionality works for watching Blu-ray movies.

Then this should be good enough for most people to try out.

Later if time permits work on the 3D graphics first in XP (unaltered) and later the Big project if possible to port Windows 7 code functionality into XP so you can use Windows 7 Graphics driver and even Intel USB 3.0 xHCI driver instead in the future with less headache!

Dibya, is there anything I can do to help? :3
(If only I knew how to code T_T)

I'm just plain guessing here, but in theory isn't it possible to backport a driver by converting certain coding using an older program software which only leaves dependencies for older OSes?

As per my theory adding missing functions can make the driver work . I got intel usb 3.0/3.1 work i believe same may occur with gfx driver in theory 

I already have a GTX1070 but i have not unboxed it yet .