Browsers requiring Dibya's ExtendedXP to (sort of) Work with WinXP

Dibya

i am currently testing latest ExtendedXP on VM if everything goes fine i will post tomorrow .

Installed extendedXP and os is booting 

Now running some apps let see what happen

stuffs working i removed some vista function actually causing problem . for now firefox and palemoon are enough for Xp is nt it ? I have to do something for hell chrome 

here is test packages available 

https://ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10631&p=142745#p142745

any one has any stable implementation for SRW api of Vista ?  They are causing problem in XP i will remove them if i cannot get any fix .

I am angry very few are interested with this project . I am a single person so please carry some tests in VM so that we can fix more bugs .

i have released a multi language version so hope some will be helped . @heinoganda has worked over it thanks to him . My jpn laptop is working fine .

If i see more peeps are not  taking interest i will use my extended kernel and it will never go out of my hdd .:realmad:

SO i am very unhappy to throw my anger over forum here  .

Expert like @blackwingcat are not helping too well to me ( personally not targeting BWC but all kernel moders ) only rloew is helping me .

bwc helped in few things like fix for not a valid win32 application and msvcrt update . still need some more suggestion as he is working with nt 6.x api 

dam of hell!!!!! Should i expect some hell? Certain nt6.x api slowing down XP why it is happening what wrong with those . i got furious  . My head is boiling of Assembly !!! I will  disassemble  my head under IDA PRO unfortunately my head is not a PE file . i should contact Hexray regarding their tool.

Any one remember @Opticork? He promised us kernelEx . He showed me lot screenshots over PM but he vanished for long run i donot what he is going . 

HI

Edited by Dibya

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

i am currently testing latest ExtendedXP on VM if everything goes fine i will post tomorrow .

Installed extendedXP and os is booting 

Now running some apps let see what happen

stuffs working i removed some vista function actually causing problem . for now firefox and palemoon are enough for Xp is nt it ? I have to do something for hell chrome 

here is test packages available 

https://ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10631&p=142745#p142745

any one has any stable implementation for SRW api of Vista ?  They are causing problem in XP i will remove them if i cannot get any fix .

I am angry very few are interested with this project . I am a single person so please carry some tests in VM so that we can fix more bugs .

i have released a multi language version so hope some will be helped . @heinoganda has worked over it thanks to him . My jpn laptop is working fine .

If i see more peeps are not  taking interest i will use my extended kernel and it will never go out of my hdd .:realmad:

SO i am very unhappy to throw my anger over forum here  .

Expert like @blackwingcat are not helping too well to me ( personally not targeting BWC but all kernel moders ) only rloew is helping me .

bwc helped in few things like fix for not a valid win32 application and msvcrt update . still need some more suggestion as he is working with nt 6.x api 

dam of hell!!!!! Should i expect some hell? Certain nt6.x api slowing down XP why it is happening what wrong with those . i got furious  . My head is boiling of Assembly !!! I will  disassemble  my head under IDA PRO unfortunately my head is not a PE file . i should contact Hexray regarding their tool.

Any one remember @Opticork? He promised us kernelEx . He showed me lot screenshots over PM but he vanished for long run i donot what he is going . 

HI

I'd like to help but I have almost no knowledge in reverse engineering and programming kernels etc.
Best I can do run it on real hardware. It makes me kinda sad that Wine for Linux is able to run more software than XP now simply due to DLL function names getting renamed/updated in newer windows OS's.

@Dibya Unfortunately, people who don't know things are more willing to help, but people who actually know things don't bother to teach 'cause they don't actually really care. It's not their "fault", 'cause this is a community and no one has to reply and share its knowledge if he/she doesn't want to, but still I understand it may be frustrating. Anyway, this is not limited to this forum, but to IT in general, afaik. I have been facing this since the very beginning when I started learning how to code. As a matter of fact, I found more support on MSDN by Microsoft engineers about C#, than on Stack overflow (I was a noob and they didn't bother). That's just an example.

Anyway, I don't want to go off-topic.

7 hours ago, Dibya said:

What part of "Opticork is a con artist and his kernelEx is vaporware (= a hoax)" did you fail to understand, @Dibya?
How in the world can you still believe in him to this day? :dubbio:

5 hours ago, dencorso said:

What part of "Opticork is a con artist and his kernelEx is vaporware (= a hoax)" did you fail to understand, @Dibya?
How in the world can you still believe in him to this day? :dubbio:

Sorry dencorso i have a old problem i cannot dis believe any one thats my great issue . I never share hoax so i never take it easily that other are doing it .

When i first started this type of project do you people remember @PROBLEMCHYLD said many wrong to me ? He and few wanted to say me also a con artist but i proved it that i have skills . I am not a faker rather a real programmer who work for benefit for his community  

7 hours ago, FranceBB said:

@Dibya Unfortunately, people who don't know things are more willing to help, but people who actually know things don't bother to teach 'cause they don't actually really care. It's not their "fault", 'cause this is a community and no one has to reply and share its knowledge if he/she doesn't want to, but still I understand it may be frustrating. Anyway, this is not limited to this forum, but to IT in general, afaik. I have been facing this since the very beginning when I started learning how to code. As a matter of fact, I found more support on MSDN by Microsoft engineers about C#, than on Stack overflow (I was a noob and they didn't bother). That's just an example.

Anyway, I don't want to go off-topic.

I can understand man .

i would love if you look after this api 

AcquireSRWLockExclusive 
AcquireSRWLockShared 
InitializeSRWLock 
ReleaseSRWLockExclusive 
ReleaseSRWLockShared 
TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive 
TryAcquireSRWLockShared 

if you can find out equivalent api present in xp i will love it .

Wine version is also causing problem donot ask me about ms one that do give BSOD rather nothing 

Edited by Dibya

On 5/23/2017 at 11:34 AM, dencorso said:

@Dibya: Now you have a thread for browsers on ExtendedXP.
Do not - I repeat - do not hijack the other thread which is exclusively for browsers still working on *n*o*r*m*a*l* XP SP3 (with the POSReady trick allowed, of course). Thanks in advance for your understanding and compliance.

Dude, could you lay off? I'm [and a bunch of people are] perfectly fine with him posting browsers that work with the extended kernel and others may need one day. Windows XP is only becoming more and more obsolete as the years pass and eventually could end up being a hassle to browse modern websites like 9x and 2000.

And Dibya, don't listen to those who are discouraging you! Your kernel extension is one-of-a-kind and will be a lifesaver in the future!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

if you people want i will change this thread to main Extended Kernel thread .

I need some volunteer can i have one for the purpose ?
can some one check http://repacks.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7 dependency under extendedXP ? 

Time came to experiment with SRW api . I can recreate same problem under vista compatible version of KernelEx by blackwingcat with win2000 it seems srw api has allergy on NT5.x i have to find some other implementation . One thing BWC implementation are identical to mine but i added in ntdll but he/she did it on kernel32 .

Same happen when i add it to server2003 it seems my above statement is true .

Edit :  Replaced SetThreadStackGuarantee(stub) with implementation

Edit : I think my user32 is a culprit i need to see over it today  

Edited by Dibya

6 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Dude, could you lay off?

Allow me to doubt that the Board Supervisor can lay off. :dubbio:

6 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I'm [and a bunch of people are] perfectly fine with him posting browsers that work ...

Maybe you (and the bunch of people) could make a petition for assigning to Dybia a special license allowing him to post whatever he see fit wherever on the MSFN board, but usually the Mods (and the Supervisor) have this queer attitude about having members post on topic.

You know how these old people :w00t::ph34r: tend to think along traditional schemes ... 

jaclaz

22 hours ago, Dibya said:

When i first started this type of project do you people remember @PROBLEMCHYLD said many wrong to me ? He and few wanted to say me also a con artist but i proved it that i have skills . I am not a faker rather a real programmer who work for benefit for his community .

Sometimes you say and do questionable things. If I was wrong, I'm a man and can admit it. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. I'm human!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

Sometimes you say and do questionable things. If I was wrong, I'm a man and can admit it. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. I'm human!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its Okay man . Won't you should say kindly?

I can understand your frustration, but come back to the ground. Please, if you have a problem with a user, then send him a PM and clarify it. With some far-sightedness it was clear that the Extended XP is not a simple project, at times at the present time the danger exists that updates of MS some files of your package replaced by newer file versions. KB4018556 has been withdrawn by MS, but there will be an update, this concerns Extended XP. An ongoing care of this package is essential. Then let Extended XP once in the alpha phase, so you have won time and no longer this pressure. Communicate it to the users, rather than maneuvering themselves into a hopeless situation and reacting against other users with anger. With the screen print, in a previous post, I wanted to knock you on shoulder and say so continue so great. Yes, my beloved Google Chrome still does not work, so I will not consider you as incapable, it takes time, experience and a learning phase (You hold it in the eye and somewhere there is perhaps a way, with the head through the wall does not go). At your age you tend to overestimate yourself, it is all too human. Many users are grateful for your commitment, only now and then you have to get back to the bottom of reality so you do not harm yourself.

:)