Link Shell Extension issue

UCyborg

Here's another mystery when it comes to Windows 10's File Explorer. For those not familiar with Link Shell Extension, it adds functionality for managing NTFS hardlinks/junction points directly in Explorer's context menus. In addition, it alters those files/folders icons that are actually hardlinks, junction points etc. so they can be distinguished from regular ones.

But on Windows 10, the icons remain the same, the correct icon is displayed only in the file's properties. The question is, why is that?

The icon overlays LSE adds are working fine here for me on 15063.322 (I tested with symbolic and hard links to a file, and a directory junction). Maybe you're hitting Windows' limit of 15 icon overlay handlers: https://superuser.com/a/1166585

Edited by qwerty12
IPB is the worst of all the forum software out there, and it's not even free...

Wow, thanks a lot! There were 6 OneDrive entries (OneDrive1, OneDrive2, ...). OneDrive is disabled by group policy. After removing its entries, LSE's icon overlays work. There were total of 11 entries under that key, maybe it would work if OneDrive wasn't disabled, I'd have to try and see.

Edit: re-enabling OneDrive doesn't seem to change anything.

Edited by UCyborg