[Cancelled by the Author] Extended Kernel for XP (ExtendedXP)

Dibya

1 minute ago, jumper said:

> Any one know how to compile linux driver for windows xp?

Let's call this Linux driver "L2". First we find an earlier version of the device for which exist Linux (L1) and Windows (W1) drivers. Then we apply the L2-L1 source differences to W1 to obtain W2. Compile and debug W2 normally.

An earlier version of the device :dubbio: or an earlier version of the driver?

And of course we don't need just (L2), (L1) and (W1), we also need the L2S (source of L2), L1S (source of L1) and W1S (Source of W1), and the (L1S) and the (W1S) need to be the EXACT same version.

I somehow suspect that the latter W1S one would be a tricky one to find.

jaclaz

17 minutes ago, jumper said:

> Any one know how to compile linux driver for windows xp?

Let's call this Linux driver "L2". First we find an earlier version of the device for which exist Linux (L1) and Windows (W1) drivers. Then we apply the L2-L1 source differences to W1 to obtain W2. Compile and debug W2 normally.

With all due respect to all involved, let's face the facts: considering that the real problem is to create a generic (or Intel specific) USB 3.0 or USB 3.x for Windows XP, that any XP USB 2.x driver cannot be construed as W1, because USB 3.x and USB 2.x are very different animals, it's easy to deduce no W1 ever existed. On the other hand, if W1 did actually exist, W2 wouldn't be necessary at all. Therefore, as I said before, this is an ontologically impossible task.

I've been trying to use an old version of Kernelex that dibya gave me to patch ntoskrnl and ksecdd with the necessary functions needed for Intel USB 3.0 driver to work.

I used visual studio 6.0 to compile this old kernelex

It applies a patch, but some of the functions, like EtwRegister, don't get applied correctly and I'm not 100% sure how to fix.

https://ufile.io/tna8m

Any ideas?

15 minutes ago, Damnation said:

I've been trying to use an old version of Kernelex that dibya gave me to patch ntoskrnl and ksecdd with the necessary functions needed for Intel USB 3.0 driver to work.

I used visual studio 6.0 to compile this old kernelex

It applies a patch, but some of the functions, like EtwRegister, don't get applied correctly and I'm not 100% sure how to fix.

https://ufile.io/tna8m

Any ideas?

Etw can be stubbed. 

21 minutes ago, Dibya said:

All respected guys here , is this topic about hell value coin ?  Should we stay in topic my friends?  

You are right, sorry, my bad, (Mr.Presario :w00t::ph34r: made me do it ;)).

On 14/8/2017 at 6:41 PM, Dibya said:

Any one know how to compile linux driver for windows xp? 

No. (just the short version of "ontologically impossible"™ by dencorso).

For an alternate meaning of "No", compare with:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160527013035/http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

(that will allow the reply to be "Yes." as well)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

5 hours ago, Dibya said:

Anyone things that KernelEX4.5.2 can be made to work on XP ? Patching On Disk does not seems to be a great idea .

I wish Xeno86 is here with us ,

What purpose will this do for XP?

3 hours ago, dencorso said:

Someone may even think that... then again, no amount of wishful thinking will ever make it work on XP, because, this too is... (guess what:) ontologically impossible™.

I compiled VKrnlEx.vxd code with win2kddk then it given a VKrnlEx.sys output wait nothing impossible if we try /

If we can write a posix to windows call transformation library then compiling linux driver for XP will not be impossible .

1 minute ago, 98SE said:

What purpose will this do for XP?

save me from whole day patching manually system binaries 

Improve Speed

Improve Stability

We can focus on improving API

Making POS update friendly 

16 minutes ago, Dibya said:

I compiled VKrnlEx.vxd code with win2kddk then it given a VKrnlEx.sys output

Very good :), and what does the output VKrnEx,sys do? :unsure:

Apart taking a little bit of disk space, that is...

jaclaz

1 minute ago, jaclaz said:

Very good :), and what does the output VKrnEx,sys do? :unsure:

Apart taking a little bit of disk space, that is...

jaclaz

Come on My dear will you ever keep silence ?

What Xeno86 said 

VKrnlEx makes modification of kernel32.dll file on disk unnecessary by patching the image directly in memory from kernel space before the shell starts

To build VKRNLEX project you need Microsoft Windows 98 Driver Development Kit (DDK) or Microsoft Windows 2000 Driver Development Kit (DDK).

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

save me from whole day patching manually system binaries 

Improve Speed

Improve Stability

We can focus on improving API

Making POS update friendly 

I thought the KernelEX4.5.2 was for 9X to run XP software like the Browser?

Are you trying to port KernelEx for Windows 2000 from BWC?

Edited by 98SE

1 minute ago, 98SE said:

I thought the Kernel Ex was for 9X to run XP software like the Browser?

We will remove all api implementation from kernelex as exists in XP then we will add our missing api .

Currently This project has another awesome developer , Damnation . Thanks my friend joining me .

14 minutes ago, Dibya said:

What Xeno86 said 

VKrnlEx makes modification of kernel32.dll file on disk unnecessary by patching the image directly in memory from kernel space before the shell starts

I was asking if your compiled  VKrnlEx.sys actually worked on XP like the VKrnlEx.vxd does on 9x. :dubbio:

jaclaz