Widows Explorer large font problems in list view.

Sfor

I'm trying to get the Explorer file list view with very large font (17 or so). The problem is the rows are not scaled along with the font. In case of Windows XP rows are getting bigger if the font is lagrer than the icon. In case of Windows 7, the rows are set to icon size, if the font gets bigger than the icon the text gets clipped at the bottom.

The function of scaling the fonts in general, is not a solution for me. The idea is to get very large font in explorer, while leaving the screen vertical resolutution at just 720 points. Increasing the font above 100% makes a lot of dialogs too big to feet the screen. So, I'm increasing just the icon font, but the result is somewhat disappointing, when compared to what I was getting in Windows XP.

The file names to be displayed are long, so the small icon view does not do the job, as well.

Well. For now I'm using Explorer++, instead of the Windows Explorer.

After reading the thread it seems, there is no simple way to force Windows Explorer to change the row height in list view.

- It is possible to modify ExplorerFrame.dll, but the Windows Update can overwrite the modified file.

- There is a registry hack to disable auto arrange in folders. A side effect is change in row height. Not all types of folders are affected, as well.

It is possible to modify ExplorerFrame.dll, but the Windows Update can overwrite the modified file.

so ?
you just bring back modified one

its not like they update that dll often, if at all