Aero on Maximized Windows?

burd

• 1 month later...

11 hours ago, yousuckstoo said:

¿Using 3rd party themes maybe? i remeber at least 3 themes with that feature, isnt too dificult, search on Devian Art

already got it working,you could try it aswell if you wish

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175262-last-versions-of-software-for-windows-vista-and-windows-server-2008/?do=findComment&comment=1141680

• 4 years later...

I used UxStyle 0.2.1.0 as the UxTheme patcher for allowing unsigned themes to load. The patch is done in memory, starts working right away, no reboot required.

https://uxstyle.com/

Something about Vista Visual Master and how it patches Aero theme; maximized windows keep the color intensity of an active window even when they're not focused. For non-maximized windows, the intensity is reduced when not focused.

Edited by UCyborg

• 3 weeks later...

Dang it, UxStyle is just as unreliable on Vista as it was on Win10 builds where it still somewhat worked. Logged off and when logging back in and I ended up in the messed up classic theme with all weirdest colors. Had to restart Unsigned Themes service to be able to reload the modified Aero theme.

I suppose there's nothing as neat as SecureUxTheme for Win7 and earlier.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't always glitch out. Not sure what's the pattern.

Edited by UCyborg

19 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Dang it, UxStyle is just as unreliable on Vista as it was on Win10 builds where it still somewhat worked. Logged off and when logging back in and I ended up in the messed up classic theme with all weirdest colors. Had to restart Unsigned Themes service to be able to reload the modified Aero theme.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't always glitch out. Not sure what's the pattern.

There is a similar bug, that is common to UxStyle on all Vista+ Windows versions and can occur when you change themes (on Windows 8 it just reverts to the default theme, not classic), I assume logging off and logging back has similar effect.

From my experience, the longer is the Uptime, the higher the chance that this bug will happen.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, UCyborg said:

What do you mean "SecureUxTheme for Win7 and earlier" ?. https://github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme

The author says " Windows 7 or older will never be supported due to the way themes are implemented."

On 5/27/2022 at 2:04 PM, TSNH said:

bug, that is common to UxStyle on all Vista+ Windows versions

I totally agree with you ! This piece of crap UXStyle is an astonishingly bad pile of garbage . It refused to even instal with the famous moronic "uh-oh" .

Just google" uxstyle uh-oh " you will get 1000000000 results. Do you know a good alternative ? Thanks very much .

I mean apart from patching the windows Vista files .