Apache , Completely lost and frustrated

Downloaded ans installed Apache2. No idea what to do. I would like PHP and MySQL. I don't even know how to set it up to display a simple web page. I have a router and I enabled DMZ and I have no firewalls. I am running Windows98SE. Where do I begin? The first step is I want to know how to see my webpage and how to host a page. Please help me. Thank you.

When you install Apache 2, it is installed in a directory C:\Apache2\. Inside of this directory, should be a htdocs directory, which is your root spot to place your webpages. As far as PHP and MySQL are concerned, download both of the latest releases of PHP and MySQL, following the instructions on installing them, and you'll be okay! :)

I have it installed. I use a router and the ip of my router is 192.168.0.1. My local ip is 192.168.0.102. I tried my ip 68.xx.xxx.xx but that didn't work either. Don't I need to run anything? I clicked on this thing that says "Start Apache in Console" and it makes my PC go extremely slow. So slow that in order to shut down the program I have to restart my machine unless I wait about five minutes. So I didn't get to test it out. Apache is installed at D:\apache\Apache2

• 4 weeks later...

i have a simlar problem..

i can view the page on my local intranet fine.

but not from the web and none of my friends can see it ether.

how do io get that working?? also how do you create folders to view in your browser??? i cant seem to do this ether.