Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
r3muxd

What should I install on Windows 98 SE?

r3muxd    0

I'm a bit of a newb here, sorry...

I have no idea what I'm doing. I know I need the Revolutions Pack and KernelEx, but what order do I install them? Do I need 98MP10 and 98SE2ME? Should I use u98sesp3?

Thanks!

LoneCrusader    95

Welcome to MSFN :hello:

The answer to your question largely depends on personal preferences. You will need to read up some on each of these packages and decide which works best for you. You may have to experiment a few times to get the right combination for you.

A few general guidelines:
1) don't mix multiple update packs, i.e. Autopatcher and U98SESP3 or WUPG98 for example.
2) install your chosen "update" pack first before installing RP9, 98SE2ME, 98MP10, etc.
3) always install KernelEx LAST after all other updates and addons

ruthan    1

What about standard update from MS, are they integrated in USP3 for example?