Win 98x command.com black screen, IPS LCD refresh rate problem?

ruthan

Microsoft has been warning about this for decades. I have never seen this happen with the default SYSTEM.CB.
You can try installing the SVGA or XGA Safe Mode files and Patches. Maybe one of them will work.

30 minutes ago, rloew said:

Microsoft has been warning about this for decades. I have never seen this happen with the default SYSTEM.CB.

Warning about what, exactly?

Cheers and Regards

I checked SIV->Graphics report, i could be problem, that there are not listed 1 and 4 bit modes? So no 2 and 16 color mode in the driver?

I dont understand, how is text modes embedded into normal VGA mode (if all data are rendered as graphical standard VGA mode), but if its something like Picture in Picture (in games we are name it embeded viewport - 2 rendering areas in 1 view) - this could be why its not working.

I found info in SIV by accident.. On system were is working table looks like this(picture) and on systems were is not working are no check on 1 a 4 bit column..

VBE-ListOfModes.png

You can try installing the SVGA or XGA Safe Mode files and Patches. Maybe one of them will work.

What exactly and i need to add into system.cb for that?

I only want to clarify that fix it by replacing GPU for moment is working, i used more modern GPU, installed VBE and command.com was working.. 

Edited by ruthan