DirectX for Windows XP

jim2029

I have a Dell Optiples GX620. Pentium D 3.0ghz, 4gb ram (3.2GB Readable), 128GBssd, Windows XP Pro 32bit. I stuck in a MSI nVidia 210 512mb pci-e video card. It is DirectX 10 ready. Anyway of getting DirectX 10 on Windows Xp? I have 9.0c right now. 

I did use the forum search and all I found was talk about it and dead links.

If this is a dead horse, I'm sorry, I just recently began trying to go back to Windows XP. I'm a bit out of the know.....

Thank You.

Edited by jim2029
Misspelled a word.

Yes and no.  There is unoffical Dx 10 patch that makes a couple games work but not without mods.  A lot of games may simply just refuse to run on XP even if u could theoretically get them to work.  Don't know what the rules are for posting it but if u google it DX 10 XP you can find it.  I personally think its a waste of time unless you have a specific game thats been tested to run.

Edited by Destro

9 hours ago, Destro said:

Yes and no.  There is unoffical Dx 10 patch that makes a couple games work but not without mods.  A lot of games may simply just refuse to run on XP even if u could theoretically get them to work.  Don't know what the rules are for posting it but if u google it DX 10 XP you can find it.  I personally think its a waste of time unless you have a specific game thats been tested to run.

I thought DX10 for XP were just fake.  I think I tried testing a few of those.  Any concrete testing done by you or any links showing the results?

Dibya got DX10 or DX11 working in XP some time ago according to him.  I'm not sure if that was limited to certain games or if the game required modding to work.