File is linked to missing export WMVCore.dll:WMCreateReader [Solved]

JaKSLaP

Hi Guys;

i am trying to get Midway Arcade Tresures Deluxe working on Windows 98SE, i can confirm it works flawlessy as i had it installed before doing a re-format. I tried installing the game, reset computer tried to open, it was greeted with an error message "unable to locate WMVCore.dll"

i then installed Windows Media Player which comes with that Dll file. After installation i had a new error now "The MCR2_3.exe file is linked to missing export WMVCore.dll:WMCreateReader"

Does anyone know what this means or how i can fix it.

Thanks

Edited by JaKSLaP

MATD is a game bundle of former arcade games, right?

It seems to be dependent on an already installed Windows Media Player - something you cannot necessarily expect on a freshly installed W98SE (and which is also missing on newer versions of Windows 7, the "N"-type without media player for the european market, to be precise, so you would have the same problem there).

Maybe just having the file is necessary, but not enough, and the installer of the gamepack has to do some additional DLL-registration when installing the game.

I cannot say for sure, but perhaps try to uninstall and reinstall the game now, that is, AFTER you installed WMP.

Then, report here.

56 minutes ago, JaKSLaP said:

i have 7.1 version installed as i assumed that was the latest version for Windows 98. I will try to install Version9. Do you guy recommend i uninstall 7 first?

i suppose you could just directly upgrade to 9 but if you want you could uninstall it, yes