Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

tobiastromm

Chat System for Legacy Systems

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

I'm proud to announce my first colaboration for the old software and hardware community.

I'm developing a chat website and now, people who use old OS are able to chat too.

This is just the first version, so bugs can be found.

Download link: https://www.papinho.com/ProgramaLegado.exe

It's simple, but I plan to improve it. I am using Delphi 7 to develope it, running on Windows NT 4.

ProgramaLegado.png.fd0a9ef25b0305b056fc4591a7333650.png

Limitations:

- Not possible to select room yet, by default you enter on a room caled "Legacy Software and Hardware";

- Portuguese Brazil only interface;

- Several features still not available (like send voice messages, files, images, youtube videos, webcam chat) - these are already working on website: https://www.papinho.com/index.php?Idioma=en-US;

I plan to fix all these limitations and if someone want to collaborate, I will be happy  : - )

Please, test it on old OS, and give me feedback [on which one it work or fail]. To enter, just type your nickname at "Apelido" and press "Entrar".

Edited by tobiastromm
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, tobiastromm said:

Hey guys!

I'm proud to announce my first colaboration for the old software and hardware community.

I'm developing a chat website and now, people who use old OS are able to chat too.

This is just the first version, so bugs can be found.

Download link: https://www.papinho.com/ProgramaLegado.exe

It's simple, but I plan to improve it. I am using Delphi 7 to develope it, running on Windows NT 4.

ProgramaLegado.png.fd0a9ef25b0305b056fc4591a7333650.png

Limitations:

- Not possible to select room yet, by default you enter on a room caled "Legacy Software and Hardware";

- Portuguese Brazil only interface;

- Several features still not available (like send voice messages, files, images, youtube videos, webcam chat) - these are already working on website: https://www.papinho.com/index.php?Idioma=en-US;

I plan to fix all these limitations and if someone want to collaborate, I will be happy  : - )

Please, test it on old OS, and give me feedback [on which one it work or fail]. To enter, just type your nickname at "Apelido" and press "Entrar".

Cool,Looking Forward to It

Posted (edited)

Seems to work, but no one else in the room to respond!

Tested on 98se. 703 KB filesize. Just 6.5 MB total ram usage after login and test post. :)

Edited by jumper

3 hours ago, jumper said:

Seems to work, but no one else in the room to respond!

Tested on 98se. 703 KB filesize. Just 6.5 MB total ram usage after login and test post. :)

Thanks for the feedback jumper.

Connected in and said Hello (nobody was there. boo. :()

Good work!

2 minutes ago, i430VX said:

Connected in and said Hello (nobody was there. boo. :()

Good work!

Hi i430VX, which OS did you use to test?

14 hours ago, tobiastromm said:

Hi i430VX, which OS did you use to test?

currently only XP but tonight I can test on 95, 98se and 2000.

i430VX, please, if possible.

Another user already test on 98se, so you can skip that : - ).

Anyone here may have Windows 3.11 to test?

This is a Win32 application, It can't work under Win3.11, Win32s is the only (rather poor) hope.

7 minutes ago, MrMateczko said:

This is a Win32 application, It can't work under Win3.11, Win32s is the only (rather poor) hope.

That's true :/. My mistake.