Aero Glass Version for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FCU)

JTB3

Thank you BIG MUSCLE for your continued and timely (experimental) update for the W10 Fall Creators Update!
I just donated an extra 10€ to support your efforts... -JT

Aero_Glass_for_Win8+_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-15_11.51.58.png

Edited by JTB3

BigMuscle, thank you so much for your continued dedication towards making Windows 10 aesthetically-pleasing.  Microsoft ought to credit you for cleaning up their bland attempt at a comprehensive UI.

I would argue that your hard work has consistently yielded an outstanding product, as well as a precious contribution to the community in general.

I don't mean to suck up, but you're awesome!  Cheers, friend :-)

13 hours ago, Dreamweaver01 said:

Thanks bigmuscle for the experimental build for Win10 16299.15+
It's working very well for me with a nice blur and transparency  effect.
I'm assuming that the Application Frame is not working in this build, right?

-DW

debug.log

Nope, it is still disabled, because I don't know how to deal it since applying DWM frame on UWP apps will break fluent design.

Yeah the interference that AG plays with fluent design was why I stopped using it. I like fluent design a lot and the only thing we're missing is it being applied to titlebars. I can only hope that RS4 will give us that since they've stated that more fluent design elements are coming.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:10 AM, bigmuscle said:

Nope, it is still disabled, because I don't know how to deal it since applying DWM frame on UWP apps will break fluent design.

@bigmuscle I would seriously consider dropping support for 'Modern Frame' in Aero Glass (just like you did for 32bit Windows versions) and instead focus all energies on making solid/timely releases for Win32 apps for the bi-annual Windows updates.  IMHO,  there are just too many potential issues and conflicts for Modern Frame (e.g. fluent design conflicts, and apps that merge their UI into the title bar. like Edge and Skype).  

Your time and skills are precious.  Focus them on what matters most...    -JT :cool:

9 hours ago, JTB3 said:

@bigmuscle I would seriously consider dropping support for 'Modern Frame' in Aero Glass (just like you did for 32bit Windows versions) and instead focus all energies on making solid/timely releases for Win32 apps for the bi-annual Windows updates.  IMHO,  there are just too many potential issues and conflicts for Modern Frame (e.g. fluent design conflicts, and apps that merge their UI into the title bar. like Edge and Skype).  

Your time and skills are precious.  Focus them on what matters most...    -JT :cool:

@bigmuscle @JTB3 plz god no! Modern Frame support is the biggest reason I use AeroGlass!!! If that gets dropped I'm not gong to use this anymore!  Also, I'm not sure if it fixed the Fluent Design issue since I don't really know what that means, lol, but I used the Windows 10 SDK method that allowed the last version to work flawlessly on all Modern Apps in Windows 10. Maybe that will also work in this one if you can find a way to get the MondernFrame support implemented [basically that might wind up being a more stable requirement for it if it helps].

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2017 at 2:55 AM, bigmuscle said:

Nope, Aero Glass does not interfere with the fluent design. Only applying DWM frame on UWP apps does (regardless the Aero Glass) - which can be disabled anytime.

sometimes I think MS does this to just screw us up...

• 3 weeks later...

Many Thanks @bigmuscle

Your recent official Aero Glass release for the Fall Creators Update [Win10 10.0.16299 (1709 RS3)] 
IS MUCH APPRECIATED!  Now so many of us can finally upgrade to the FCE.

Looking forward to a taking it for a thorough spin/test! :cool:
-JT

5a35dc0867384_Aero_Glass_for_Win8_-_Google_Chrome_2017-12-16_18_37_19.png.2c590bfafe6204f8734b3ed960965dc1.png