Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 



JTB3

Aero Glass Version for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FCU)

Recommended Posts

Thank you BIG MUSCLE for your continued and timely (experimental) update for the W10 Fall Creators Update!
I just donated an extra 10€ to support your efforts... -JT

 

Aero_Glass_for_Win8+_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-15_11.51.58.png

Edited by JTB3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks bigmuscle for the experimental build for Win10 16299.15+
It's working very well for me with a nice blur and transparency  effect.
I'm assuming that the Application Frame is not working in this build, right?

-DW

debug.log

Edited by Dreamweaver01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreamweaver01 said:


I'm assuming that the Application Frame is not working in this build, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BigMuscle, thank you so much for your continued dedication towards making Windows 10 aesthetically-pleasing.  Microsoft ought to credit you for cleaning up their bland attempt at a comprehensive UI.

I would argue that your hard work has consistently yielded an outstanding product, as well as a precious contribution to the community in general.

I don't mean to suck up, but you're awesome!  Cheers, friend :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dreamweaver01 said:

Thanks bigmuscle for the experimental build for Win10 16299.15+
It's working very well for me with a nice blur and transparency  effect.
I'm assuming that the Application Frame is not working in this build, right?

-DW

debug.log

Nope, it is still disabled, because I don't know how to deal it since applying DWM frame on UWP apps will break fluent design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply Bigmuscle.  I guess if I had to choose between the two I'd choose fluent design.  I never did like what Application Frame did to Microsoft Edge anyway.

-DW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the interference that AG plays with fluent design was why I stopped using it. I like fluent design a lot and the only thing we're missing is it being applied to titlebars. I can only hope that RS4 will give us that since they've stated that more fluent design elements are coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, Aero Glass does not interfere with the fluent design. Only applying DWM frame on UWP apps does (regardless the Aero Glass) - which can be disabled anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2017 at 10:10 AM, bigmuscle said:

Nope, it is still disabled, because I don't know how to deal it since applying DWM frame on UWP apps will break fluent design.

@bigmuscle I would seriously consider dropping support for 'Modern Frame' in Aero Glass (just like you did for 32bit Windows versions) and instead focus all energies on making solid/timely releases for Win32 apps for the bi-annual Windows updates.  IMHO,  there are just too many potential issues and conflicts for Modern Frame (e.g. fluent design conflicts, and apps that merge their UI into the title bar. like Edge and Skype).  

Your time and skills are precious.  Focus them on what matters most...    -JT :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JTB3 said:

@bigmuscle I would seriously consider dropping support for 'Modern Frame' in Aero Glass (just like you did for 32bit Windows versions) and instead focus all energies on making solid/timely releases for Win32 apps for the bi-annual Windows updates.  IMHO,  there are just too many potential issues and conflicts for Modern Frame (e.g. fluent design conflicts, and apps that merge their UI into the title bar. like Edge and Skype).  

Your time and skills are precious.  Focus them on what matters most...    -JT :cool:

@bigmuscle @JTB3 plz god no! Modern Frame support is the biggest reason I use AeroGlass!!! If that gets dropped I'm not gong to use this anymore!  Also, I'm not sure if it fixed the Fluent Design issue since I don't really know what that means, lol, but I used the Windows 10 SDK method that allowed the last version to work flawlessly on all Modern Apps in Windows 10. Maybe that will also work in this one if you can find a way to get the MondernFrame support implemented [basically that might wind up being a more stable requirement for it if it helps].

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×