Compiling Chromium browser for XP

I wish to trace out changes in latest important  changes in latest chromium (security and rendering fixes) and apply on top of chromium 49 and recompile. 

Version number should be of latest one.

So my question is does chromium src code is available as tar.gz file? I can't download such a big repo.

Edited by Dibya

Chromium is a bad choice to prolong XP usability because it don't have builtin support for ECC certificates. Many websites use ECC certificates already and the number of them will grow in the near future. I suggest you to concentrate your efforts on Firefox or another opensource browser (if there is any) with builtin ECC support.

Firefox and it's 10% of users and it will probably decrease....

Chromium would be a better choice if it's possible to add ECC support like QtWeb did. But browsers are so complicated that I doubt it will happen.

20 minutes ago, hotnuma said:

Chromium would be a better choice if it's possible to add ECC

I solved this problem with a local HTTPS proxy (ProxHTTPSProxyMII).

11 minutes ago, Destro said:

slimjet works pretty well and it is way better than google chrome 49

There is an error, because this partly makes a fallback on insecure encryption. Unfortunately this error was not fixed.

:)

I am going to pull latest soarce and make a diff compare of 49 and 63. Finally we will re compile it. ECC support from QTWebengine can be back ported I will be very happy. 

I have to make the build environment ready first. 

Edited by Dibya

15 minutes ago, Dibya said:

ECC support from QTWebengine can be back ported I will be very happy. 

I'm not sure but it seems that QtWeb has its own cert management like Firefox does and it seems to work very well with ECC. Unfortunately it uses WebKit and seems totally dead.

Microsoft, Google and others done great efforts to kill XP so that people buy new hardware and new licenses, so it decreases of course.

Firefox lost users because it's a bloated crap. In one hand they say they want to make a better Internet but in reality they didn't fix some html5 bugs that exist for years and now they drop million of XP users exactly like Google does so they are not better than Google.

1 hour ago, hotnuma said:

I'm not sure but it seems that QtWeb has its own cert management like Firefox does and it seems to work very well with ECC. Unfortunately it uses WebKit and seems totally dead.

QtWebKit uses OpenSSL cert management.

2 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Is Maxthon open source? It was the only web browser on XP I could use to bypass certificate errors.

Probably not

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

QtWebKit uses OpenSSL cert management.

I would love once I make a difference file you help me to trouble shoot.  Hope you will help me . Will you?