Thank You Big Muscle For New Aero Glass Build 1.5.7

1 hour ago, evgnb said:
2 hours ago, lucario94 said:

Does anyone have this bug in file explorer with aeroglass and BlurDeviation set to a value higher than 0?

https://webmshare.com/oPOX6

I have.

Not getting exactly this one, but I mentioned similar glitches in the other thread. I can confirm they disappear when turning off blur.

Nothing like that happens in Explorer here when I drag the corner of a selection region around.

My blur is set as shown in this screen grab...

NoGlitchesDraggingInExplorer.png

You might need to set Explorer to use a regular tree control instead of the buggy re-implementation Microsoft did to get the entire line to select when you click on a file.

FYI, being a graphics software developer myself I'd suggest using something (anything) other than an old ATI card.  ATI has surpassed Intel as being the number one pain in our backsides with regard to display driver glitches.

-Noel

13 hours ago, NoelC said:

Nothing like that happens in Explorer here when I drag the corner of a selection region around.

Running in virtual machine masks the glitches even on systems where they occur natively. Interestingly, blurring works for me without glitches on Windows 8.1 with the same card/driver combo (using AG 1.4.6).

13 hours ago, NoelC said:

You might need to set Explorer to use a regular tree control instead of the buggy re-implementation Microsoft did to get the entire line to select when you click on a file.

How do you do that?

Dear BigMuscle, I'd very much like to thank you sir for your continuously-updated contribution to the Windows 10 modding community.  It is arguably the most cherished amendment to the aforementioned OS' UI that I've had the pleasure of experiencing.  Granted, it can't be easy to try and keep up with all the changes implemented by Microsoft on an all-too-regular basis, but it certainly doesn't appear to have stopped you, therefore, much obliged indeed.

In addition to an essential app in my humble opinion, Aero Glass continues to be, without a doubt, second to none, and, easily worth every penny I've donated.

I sincerely hope you had a memorable Christmas, and I wish you all the best going forward, friend, cheers :-)

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Running in virtual machine masks the glitches even on systems where they occur natively. Interestingly, blurring works for me without glitches on Windows 8.1 with the same card/driver combo (using AG 1.4.6).

How do you do that?

See if you can still find a tool online called Folder Options X by T800 Productions.

-Noel

I figured QTTabBar can activate the old view control as well. With Folder Options X, ticking Enable icon reordering activates it. The old one lets you choose whether you want full row selected or not, but it's not mandatory. QTTabBar allows to tweak it even further. Using the old control (the option for it is named Compatible list view style in QTTabBar) gets rid of the extra whitespace in This PC on the left before the icons and even the scrollbar jumping up bug triggered by accent color change.

Edit: this crash is also avoided.

JWTAmKG.png

Edited by UCyborg

Finally caught some glitches related to blurring feature (BlurDeviation) on the screenshots! They're shown on the program Windows Style Builder. I was getting the exact same glitches with the older debug version of Aero Glass when running Windows 10 natively with the newer NVIDIA card, but didn't suspect Aero Glass as the culprit at the time. The problem I'm seeing with the blurring enabled is that it simply causes parts of the screen to not refresh immediately. Apparently we're getting them in different places with different hardware configurations.

First, Image tab from the element that was selected before is displayed rather than Minimal DPI tab:

8q9YGw7.png

Hovering over the tab with mouse causes it to refresh and display correctly:

YC2Gp2g.png

Revealing the second tab:

VHmScWZ.png

And the rest of them (also note the differing states of the buttons on the ribbon under Image, none should be greyed out, I only noticed that after I got all the screenshots):

0r9biOJ.png

This one was captured after desktop background change, I clicked on the Small Icons Start Button element when the image was changing:

8XH4qWd.png

And another screenshot with missing elements on the right pane under Enum:

XlxM668.png

Disable blurring and the glitches disappear.

12 hours ago, Martin24 said:

I wonder how do I make the title bar text centered as in UCyborg screen shots above?

Start regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM, create new DWORD with a name CenterCaption and set its value to 1.

This won't cover applications that render caption text on their own, most notably ribbon-enabled stuff like Explorer, Paint, WordPad etc. You need to use modified theme to cover those, so you'll have to use one of the methods that allow usage of unsigned themes.

Afterwards, you can try to load the attached theme. It's a stock theme with nothing else changed except caption text alignment for such windows. Extract the content to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

CenteredCaptions-Win10-Build-16299.zip

10 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Start regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM, create new DWORD with a name CenterCaption and set its value to 1.

This won't cover applications that render caption text on their own, most notably ribbon-enabled stuff like Explorer, Paint, WordPad etc. You need to use modified theme to cover those, so you'll have to use one of the methods that allow usage of unsigned themes.

Afterwards, you can try to load the attached theme. It's a stock theme with nothing else changed except caption text alignment for such windows. Extract the content to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

CenteredCaptions-Win10-Build-16299.zip

Thank you very much for your help. I'm using Sagorpirbd Aero 7 Clear theme https://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941

If you could add the part that changes text alignment for ribbon windows into the Aero 7 Clear theme and put it out here I would be very grateful.

1 hour ago, Martin24 said:

If you could add the part that changes text alignment for ribbon windows into the Aero 7 Clear theme and put it out here I would be very grateful.

I've been messing with this exact theme in the past, so it's already done. Just overwrite original aero 2.msstyles file in your Aero 7 folder. Also, it might be a good idea if you copy the content of \Themes\aero\Shell folder into \Themes\Aero 7\Shell. Someone reported glitches in Explorer because of older shellstyle.dll. The author doesn't find the time to rebuild the whole thing for newer Windows 10 builds.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15jXoY5SNxwcm7a7DFJsceDe0iCIRgpNn

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I've been messing with this exact theme in the past, so it's already done. Just overwrite original aero 2.msstyles file in your Aero 7 folder. Also, it might be a good idea if you copy the content of \Themes\aero\Shell folder into \Themes\Aero 7\Shell. Someone reported glitches in Explorer because of older shellstyle.dll. The author doesn't find the time to rebuild the whole thing for newer Windows 10 builds.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15jXoY5SNxwcm7a7DFJsceDe0iCIRgpNn

Now it looks exactly as I want it to. :D Thanks so very much for your fast help! :thumbup Also a big thanks to Big Muscle (Aero Glass), Sagorpirbd (Theme) and JoshuaVL1988 (Atlas) for making Windows 10 look great again :worship: in comparison to the very ugly :realmad: original look of Windows 10.