Google finds security flaw in Windows 10’s third-party pre-installed Password Manager

alacran

Google finds security flaw in Windows 10’s third-party pre-installed Password Manager

It appears that Microsoft is bundling a Password Manager with fresh installation files of Windows 10 operating system, and over the top of that, the pre-installed Password Manager comes with a Critical Security bug. As we noted above, the critical security vulnerability comes with Windows 10 downloads.

Source: https://www.windowslatest.com/2017/12/17/google-finds-security-flaw-windows-10s-pre-installed-password-manager/

Now on top of all security holes in Win10 they are also on forced install Apps.

alacran

Edited by alacran
Lack of Quotes

just another reason to uninstall all apps when you install w10.

cons of apps:

- can't backup and restore apps / games because of encryption

- manual install is a real pain the bleep and not easy

- some sort of login required for most apps & store

- slow download speeds

- can't backup ALL settings from windows settings app

- all apps are way too basic

- store still has download issues at times when you get an infinite loop of failing download

- retail games are way too big on windows store

pros of apps:

- none

27 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Who is we? If you have copied this text from another site you should put it in quotes. If you actually typed all this, you can tell us how many people are involved in creating your posts.

Oww, come on :), we don't fancy your current strictness ;).

Alacran forgot to put the title in bold and the text in quotes, it can happen by mistake to everyone.

jaclaz

9 minutes ago, dencorso said:

:blink:  ...I, for one, had thought he just talked about himself using the majestic plural, which is quite in line with the times, isn't it? :angel

...and calling himself "Google" :whistle:;

On the other hand - since we (this time meaning Tripredacus, you and me) are seemingly on a pickiness contest, I find more disturbing using the singular third person of the verb with Google as a subject :dubbio::

Google finds ...

(and that is in the original article).

I would find Google the nearest thing I can imagine to a collective name :unsure:

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/09/05/agreement-over-collective-nouns/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

23 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Who is we? If you have copied this text from another site you should put it in quotes. If you actually typed all this, you can tell us how many people are involved in creating your posts.

Done

Thanks. Mis-attribution is common on forums but is a big problem. I only commented on it because of the word "we" which (without quotes) would mean mis-attribution to the information to yourself which is bad. There have been numerous stories of forums (or users) getting in trouble from those who actually write things and being found verbatim on other websites. We should always be careful to make sure that any text from another website with a word such as "we" or "I" is used in quotes, the quote tag or some other way (bold or whatever) to separate it from the rest of your text, including when alacran puts his name at the end of his post like jaclaz does, it reads as all being written by you.

On 12/18/2017 at 1:35 PM, jaclaz said:

I would find Google the nearest thing I can imagine to a collective name :unsure:

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/09/05/agreement-over-collective-nouns/

Wow! Thanks for the interesting info! In Portuguese (BRZ), like in ENU, the practice is to agree collectives with singulars.
Now, in what regards the Police, "I ain't seen nuthin' !", of course. :P