Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Ironman69

YouTube WORKING! With Opera 12.02

http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/wiki/Opera

Opera 12.02 is probably THE MOST modern browser you can run.

YouTube works, because it's using the HTML5 player, which Opera 12.02 supports.

YouTube DOES NOT have the flash player version any more, it was removed.

Now, the flash player version did work better on slower machines. Since it was removed, people are not happy with the performance of the HTML5 player under Opera.

People, which people? For me the html5 player works better/faster than Flash did. VP8/Vorbis only streams since the bundled gstreamer runtime doesn't support newer codecs but that's actually surprisingly fine as far as quality goes. 

Edited by loblo

Well that was then when you had that system you don't have anymore and when youtube's html5 implementation was in its infancy.

Edited by loblo

loblo I respect your views but I disagree that it worked better now.  Flash has wide industry support hardware acceleration in gpus, and cpus.  HTML5 does not then and does not now.  HTML5 video is still in it's infancy compared to flash and has little to no hardware acceleration support especially on 98 lol

Edited by Destro

Do you use 9x and Opera 12 those days? I bet you don't otherwise you wouldn't do generic comments like that but instead would speak about your first hand experience using the new youtube with Opera 12 on your 9x system...