Corrupt Java Install

noles20

Glad you figured out a way to fix the FF issue! (Usually I'm the one who can't get things working when they're working for everyone else.)

When I first tried to open the .jnlp test file I got the same error in jp2launcher. I'd had some other crashes in jp2launcher, so I copied jp2launcher.exe from the old 152 install, tried again, and it worked. I didn't replace javaws even though, you are right, opening a .jnlp file calls javaws. (I guess javaws calls jp2launcher.)

6 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Glad you figured out a way to fix the FF issue! (Usually I'm the one who can't get things working when they're working for everyone else.)

When I first tried to open the .jnlp test file I got the same error in jp2launcher. I'd had some other crashes in jp2launcher, so I copied jp2launcher.exe from the old 152 install, tried again, and it worked. I didn't replace javaws even though, you are right, opening a .jnlp file calls javaws. (I guess javaws calls jp2launcher.) 

Yes, thanks to your hint I tried to replace jp2lancher.exe,  this time from 201 version, and -- Alas! It worked!

Don't know why jp2lancher.exe 152 doesn't work for me yet 201 does, but anyway problem seems solved (It should not be a problem for me because I don't use jnlp at all, but I am a little compulsive perfectionist.). Seems I could safely dump 152 version.

Uploaded jp2laucher 201 below.

jp2launcher.exe