Anyone know how to install lindows

war59312

well i run lindows.exe and it then runs like its installing and says its installing file and then computer reboot and goes right into winxp again. No OS what so ever and then nothing else happens. Have not even done the real install like on lindows.com

cya,

Will

Well War, unfortunitly installing other OSes after a Ntfs based system like Xp, is impossiable, due to the Ntfs it terminates any other Os beyond the drive that Xp is on.

\The only way to dual boot with an Nt based file system is to install the other Oses befor the Ntfs one..

goodluck

-Drew

well i got it installed now...i'm using fat32 by the way..

oh my god

lol

this is a pos

:):rolleyes::D

cant even run **** notepad

even there own mp3 player doesnt work

now anyone know how to unistall it

:D:D:rolleyes:

cant believe people are paying $100 to test this crap

ok cya later,

will'

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

If you have a Win98 system - try installing it on that system. From discussions I have had with people familiar with the project - it does not play well with Win XP --- but should be very stable and able to run most pre-2002 MS applications as well as other 3rd party stuff. But then again - maybe not. :)

LS

So - if I understand right - it should have created a dual boot situation. Is that correct - when you start your computer - you have a choice of Lindows or XP? If so, you just need to edit the BOOT.INI file and remove the LindowsOS option. Also - I think this thing installs itself in basically a folder on your XP hard drive. Once you remove the reference in BOOT.INI you should be able to just delete the folder. Might also double check that it did not create or change an AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS file. If it did, make sure you edit out all Lindows refernces there as well.

LS_Dragons

Hey,

Well it creates its own thing when u start up the computer. Did not change anything in AUTOEXEC.bat nor CONFIG.SYS. It also did not mess with boot.ini. Yea see i dont get it. i dont what to just delete the lindows folders and then loose everything...that would really suck...

cya,

will

So WAR - did you do what lindows calls a 'friendly install' - or not. Do you have a choise on boot of WinXP or Lindows? If you have a choice - then you should also have an uninstall choice. If you don't - then you should be able to just eliminate the lindows files and get back to an XP system.

LS

yea there is not uninstall choice its lindows own setup thing though

and i dont want to losse winxp if i delete the files

i thought just deleteing the files would just leave winxp and then restart and then winxp should just run but i what if it doesnt then i'm f***ed...

later