Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How About Installing The SENDTO PowerToy ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jetman

jetman

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 05-April 04
It's been a slow process (three days), but I have a great unattended XP CD. Now I'd like to add one more goodie. I've searched high-and-low and can't find out how to automagically install the SendTo PowerToy. I found a single webpage on the microsoft.com website:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/ie/6/all/reskit/en-us/part4/c17ie6rk.mspx

But the syntax of their cmds don't work for this file. Normally, one simply right-clicks the SENDTOX.INF to install it. These basic instructions are all over the 'Net, but nothing on doing this programatically.

Has anyone mastered this syntax ? TIA....Jet

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
there should be some section with the INF file about installing....it contains the actual commands. Like AddReg or DelReg or something.

RunDll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 ..\Unattend\RegEdits.inf

Replace DefaultInstall with the section from your INF, and ..\Unattend\Regedits.inf with the path to your INF file.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

jetman

jetman

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 05-April 04

there should be some section with the INF file about installing....it contains the actual commands. Like AddReg or DelReg or something.

RunDll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 ..\Unattend\RegEdits.inf

Replace DefaultInstall with the section from your INF, and ..\Unattend\Regedits.inf with the path to your INF file.

Alan: AHA ! MSOFT didn't mention the SETUPAPI.DLL in their instuctions ! :) That was the ciritical omission ! DefaultInstall works fine. Thank you ! Jet

zoolap

zoolap
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 10-March 04
In the sendtox inf originally it is:

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup,%ISTX%,,"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.DLL,Install %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.INF"

the %ISTX% bit opens a window which you have to manually close (no good for unattended). I managed to get this working at some point, but now icons are not installed in sendto folder. I changed the AddReg bit to the following:

"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.DLL,Install %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.INF"

Please could someone post the full syntax for sendtox exactly as it should be?

I assume what has been given so far is to go in batch file rather than "inf file".

Thanks.

neo_3333

neo_3333

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 11-June 04
Where did you find this SendTo PowerToy, jetman ?

zoolap

zoolap
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 10-March 04
I use the sendtox found in win95 powertoys and downloaded from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft...set/default.asp

craggus2000

craggus2000

• 11 posts
  • Joined 06-November 03
:hello:

Guys, take a look here:

http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=23426

Just a suggestion...
craggus2000

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... yeah right!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users