How About Installing The SENDTO PowerToy ?

It's been a slow process (three days), but I have a great unattended XP CD. Now I'd like to add one more goodie. I've searched high-and-low and can't find out how to automagically install the SendTo PowerToy. I found a single webpage on the microsoft.com website:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/ie/6/all/reskit/en-us/part4/c17ie6rk.mspx

But the syntax of their cmds don't work for this file. Normally, one simply right-clicks the SENDTOX.INF to install it. These basic instructions are all over the 'Net, but nothing on doing this programatically.

Has anyone mastered this syntax ? TIA....Jet

there should be some section with the INF file about installing....it contains the actual commands. Like AddReg or DelReg or something.

RunDll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 ..\Unattend\RegEdits.inf

Replace DefaultInstall with the section from your INF, and ..\Unattend\Regedits.inf with the path to your INF file.

there should be some section with the INF file about installing....it contains the actual commands. Like AddReg or DelReg or something.

RunDll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 ..\Unattend\RegEdits.inf

Replace DefaultInstall with the section from your INF, and ..\Unattend\Regedits.inf with the path to your INF file.

Alan: AHA ! MSOFT didn't mention the SETUPAPI.DLL in their instuctions ! :) That was the ciritical omission ! DefaultInstall works fine. Thank you ! Jet

• 3 months later...

In the sendtox inf originally it is:

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup,%ISTX%,,"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.DLL,Install %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.INF"

the %ISTX% bit opens a window which you have to manually close (no good for unattended). I managed to get this working at some point, but now icons are not installed in sendto folder. I changed the AddReg bit to the following:

"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.DLL,Install %11%\%SubDir%\SENDTOX.INF"

Please could someone post the full syntax for sendtox exactly as it should be?

I assume what has been given so far is to go in batch file rather than "inf file".

Thanks.

• 7 months later...