Banana.ani won't copy during install

During the blue screen phase of XP pro install I get a error message saying banana.ani would't copy. It's not that big of a deal seeing as this is just a file that turns your mouse pointer into a banana and we can skip it easily. This however makes it attended. Is there any way we can tell windows to automatically skip that file?

During the blue screen phase of XP pro install I get a error message saying banana.ani would't copy. It's not that big of a deal seeing as this is just a file that turns your mouse pointer into a banana and we can skip it easily. This however makes it attended. Is there any way we can tell windows to automatically skip that file?

if i am not wrong you can do this by editing DOSNET.INF located in i386 directory . when run from dos mode browse the file look for [CopyFiles]

below that BANANA.AN_ set value to 0

Looks like it may be corrupt. Try grabbing BANANA.AN_ file from your original Windows XP disc and replace it.

Alternatively you could remove the banana.ani = 1,,,,,,,,3,3 line from TXTSETUP.SIF in the i386 directory.

when xp launched i remember some people were having trouble copying a banana file. The cause was a bootdisk on bootdisk.com named the cdrom banana, which caused files named banana not to copy (it's because the name assigned to the cdrom in dos is reserved and cannot be used by anything else). So if you're using a bootdisk make another that doesn't name the cdrom banana.

-gosh

• 1 year later...
when xp launched i remember some people were having trouble copying a banana file. The cause was a bootdisk on bootdisk.com named the cdrom banana, which caused files named banana not to copy (it's because the name assigned to the cdrom in dos is reserved and cannot be used by anything else). So if you're using a bootdisk make another that doesn't name the cdrom banana.

-gosh

You're right i'm using a disk from bootdisk.com and i got that error.So how can you edit the disk and change the cdrom name?