• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
code3x

Installation Problems

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install Windows XP 2600 eval (patched with corpfiles, made bootable), but every time it seems to crash while copying 'driver.cab' at 27%. The same CD worked fine to install it on this computer, so what could be the problem?

I'm booting from the CD in case that makes any difference.

Thank you

Maybe the boot part of the drive is damaged, i made discs a while ago that would only install to a point, it turned out in the end that my Cd burner was about to pack up, i just got a new one today and it burns XP CD's perfectly, from the same file i used before. try use a different Cd burner or borrow a disc off a friend

...or the disc itself could be damaged, in which case the same suggestions apply.

You know...I get errors like this every time I try to install a new version of XP on my machine and I don't even use a disk...Isobuster. Because it is not a clean install, I can usually go find the file in the old installation and the d/l continues but I have no idea what that is doing to my newer install. I will be watching this post for any other suggestions...interesting.

Rick

Thanks guys, I tried burning 2 copies on 2 different burners, and still the same thing happends. However, if I install 98 first, and install XP from within 98, it all goes perfectly...

hmmmm