Applying Visual Stykles with uxtheme.dll

Tokugawapants

I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed before but I couldn't find it so I'll ask anyway.

With a patched uxtheme.dll file, is it possible to apply Visual Style files as opposed to Theme files? I have a lot of visual style files and they are in the proper place, but do not show up in any of the tabs of the display settings. I've tricked double-clicking on the files themselves but they just bring up the display properties. Thanks.

Yes it's possible, just create a dummy theme file like this:

[Theme]DisplayName=@themeui.dll,-2017
; Recycle Bin[CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon]full=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,32empty=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,31
[VisualStyles]Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\luna\luna.msstylesColorStyle=NormalColorSize=NormalSize
[MasterThemeSelector]MTSM=DABJDKTThemeColorBPP=8

And replace the Path= with the path to the Visual Style.

• 4 weeks later...

In "Using a custom theme" here: http://gosh.msfnhosting.com/replacesource.htm

gosh has a dummy theme file, but with lots more stuff in it. Is the only necessary entries for dummy theme file the example below? Is all the other stuff likely to be included in the msstyles file?

<code>

[VisualStyles]

Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\luna\luna.msstyles

ColorStyle=NormalColor

Size=NormalSize

</code>

In my experiences, the theme does not work without the recycling bin icon information. I'm not sure about the [Theme] or [MasterThemeSelector] entries, but I think it'd be safe to leave them there. You can change the Display Name, though.