File & Folder Copy problems....

hevnbnd

Couple of issues:

1. When i try to copy a file over another file i get an access denied. Is there a way to make it copy over files instead of first deleting every file?

2. How do i copy the contents of a folder to another folder? As opposed to just copying the entire folder over.

Here are the commands i used in my xml.

<item display='Installing mIrc'>

<dircopy directory='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\MIRC' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\mIRC\' />

<filecopy source='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\MIRC\MIRC.lnk' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\' />

<filecopy source='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\MIRC\MIRC.lnk' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\mIRC\' />

</item>

<item display='Installing WCPU'>

<dircopy directory='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\wcpu31a' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\WCPU31a\' />

<filecopy source='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\wcpu31a\wcpuid.lnk' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\' />

</item>

<item display='Patching Flash FXP'>

<filecopy source='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\Patches\FlashFXP.exe' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\FlashFXP\' />

</item>

<item display='Patching Age of Mytholgoy'>

<dircopy directory='%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\Applications\Patches\AOM' target='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\' />

</item>

<item display='Registry Tweaks'>

<registry display='Tweaks being installed...' method='write'>

;Finalizing Windows Install...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

"cleanup"="C:\\sysprep\\cleanup.cmd"

</registry>

<registry display='Registering MIRC...' method='write'>

;Registering MIRC...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mIRC]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mIRC\License]

@="removed"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mIRC\UserName]

@="HEVNBND"

</registry>

For some reason none of the icons on the desktop where created i got access denied errors not sure why :) Thanks for the help. B

xplode.log

xplode.log

1. No. I believe it's hardcoded into the software.

2. What exactly are you asking? You don't want to move the folder? Let me guess, you're getting a subfolder inside of the folder you want the files to be in?

Download the new Xplode, but if you're using GUIInstall or like a previous version for whatever reason, just take the file fileops.xpd from the zip and put it in your current folder. Then open the XML to see it's syntax. You can use filemasks in your copy commands which should do what you want.

You may also want to remove your mIRC serial number

Thanks Alonoll, All works great if only i did not have to delete the files before copying the files into the folders. If anyone figures out away to allow the files being copied to replace files in the destination folder that sure would be great.