Is there a step, by step guide anywhere?

codeblue

Nearly finished my unattended xpcd but have to many entries in my RunOnceEx list. I was advised to look at Xplode, looks cool.

Is there a guide i can follow to get in the swing of this new toy, or some example files i coud look at besides the one included in XPlode-1.0.6.

Thanks

there was a sticky post of how to get it runny, but I think Wraith unstuck it. But NO there is no "step-by-step" guide. If you have a working CD good, that's where you should start. If not, go get one working from unattended.msfn.org

Now if you do, all that remains is where to execute it, how you want it to work (install from CD or HDD) and transfering your batch/RunOnceEX commands to XML.

example:

ECHO.ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 9ECHO Please wait...start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WMP9\MPSetupXP.exe /Q:A /R:N

in xml it would be.....inside of the <items> tags....

<item display=Windows Media Player 9>

<execute display='Installing...' program='%systemdrive%\install\WMP9\MPSetupXP.exe' arguments='/Q:A /R:N'></execute>

</item>

voila, it's now changed.

as for getting it working, try and find that other post, and translate XPInstall to XPlode

Thank you Alanoll, i can now transfer my RunOnceEx to xml. :) Just one thing to clear up for me;

Various Ways to start XPinstall.

i.) For Clarification purposes of when each of these methods run during the installation of windows here you go:

1.) T-12 Minutes

2.) T-9 Minutes

3.) Upon first logon after Windows XP Installation

4.) Upon first logon after Windows XP Installation

5.) T-13 Minutes

Does this refer to Xplode also? E.g. Various Ways to start XPinstall and Xplode.

yeah.....

however i should point out an error in that little thingy, in my tests SVCPACK.INF does NOT like variables in it's path to start XPlode. If you replaced %systemdrive% with C: it would work fine. But if Xplode is in your SVCPACK directory no path is neccesary, just XPlode.exe