916 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the best Defragmentation Software

• Diskeeper
    • O&O
    • Perfect Disk
    • System Mechanic
    • Contig
    • Power Defragmenter

Can any tell me the differences between these 3 versions?

Diskeeper 10 Home Edition

Diskeeper 10 Professional Edition

Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier

Can anyone answer this question?

I was thinking of buying one version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*scratch* okay so everyone has their own opinion on which Defrag is best but until a decent test is performed with all the latest versions of each Defrag (ie: PerfectDisk, Diskeeper and O&O) a clear winner cant be found...

I get it that Windows uses a version of the one but that means nothing, personal opinions mean nothing (no offense!) so why doesnt someone test em and then show the stats? I think someone did that previously (like in 2004!) but that has no relevance now so TEST! test results cannot be disputed and it would be a huge help to those of us deciding which Defrag to purchase. Look forward to seeing the results! *thumb's up*

• 2 weeks later...
What is the best defrag program you guys have used?

my vote goes to Diskeeper! :thumbup

And were can i get them to try them out :)

try www.softpedia.com there might be domos of these... but i always get mine from a special source ;)

Edited by techn1976

Well, after reading about 90% of these posts, and after trying Perfect Disk, I gotta say I love it!

Does a superb job in defragmenting, i just gotta give the offline files defrag a try!

Got a question, for those of you who have got it, I am going to buy it this weekend, so was wondering if it is worth getting the upgrade protection? just over £5 for a year, to get any release within the next year free...how likely are they in releasing another version within the next year?

isn't this poll and topic a bit useless? a Defragmenter can be tested by objective methods and has been tested, for as far as I know, Perfectdisk was the winner.

(whuaa sorry for the double thing* :D)

Edited by ZileXa