Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Creative PC-DVD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

strekship

strekship

• PipPip
  • 129 posts
I got a Creaative PC-DVD rom drive and cannot figure out how to install it. It is the 6X version. I pluged it into the ide cable as the slave and i pluged it into the pwersupply and it acted like it wasn't getting power, but when i unplug the IDE cable, it gets power and the light turns on, what is going on here? THe ide cable i pluged ut unto is also connected to the HDD and Floppy.
Check out my forums @ http:\\cwp.tomchu.com. I need mods and members!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
heh i think u're confusing the power cable with the ide cable
ide cable cannot go to the hdd and the floppy at the same time
there is a smaller pin cable for floppy
where as the new hdd's use 80 and cdrom's use 40pin.
its not likely that u're going to hook an ide cable to the floppy

grab the cable coming from the power supply (should be in red/yellow/black) plug it to the dvd-rom, that would be the power cable
then plug the ide cable (usually grey) to the dvdrom. the usually have pins so that u don't plug it upside down. if it doesn't have it place it so that the pink side of that cable is on the right side...

hope that helps.....
u cannot plug the power cord wrong unless u try very very hard. so try flipping the ide cable that goes to the dvd-rom..

strekship

strekship

• PipPip
  • 129 posts
not to sound rude or anything, but im no computer novice. I can tell the difference between a power cable and a IDE cable. But anyway, mabi it was the wrong cable. Im pretty sure i was plugging in the right cables.
Check out my forums @ http:\\cwp.tomchu.com. I need mods and members!

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts

not to sound rude or anything, but im no computer novice. I can tell the difference between a power cable and a IDE cable. But anyway, mabi it was the wrong cable. Im pretty sure i was plugging in the right cables.

On the IDE cable that you were connecting to the DVD drive, is this the primary or secondary IDE cable? And what is connected to the MASTER plug? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN