Fonts (System Wide)

RKOrton

i apologize ahead of time for what might be considered a "stupid" post. anyhow, i recently had to reinstall my windows xp. in doing so, the font that is now being used for my desktop,toolbar,browser, etc basically everything even the clock is different than before I had reinstalled.....

so my question is: how or can i get it back to it's original font? i've been told the default font is arial for xp....i know it's not right click (desktop)-apperance-etc, that does change a few things......but not the things i want to change.

i'm sure the people who actually know a thing or two about computers know what i'm saying and the help will be much appericated.

thanks,

RKO

Hello RKOrton,

Try the right click option and then click on properties then appearance tab, then from the drop down list available select one by one and whichever displays the font selection options select tahoma at the desired size, by default i think its 9 or 10 , iam not v.sure about the font size.

Give it a try...

Best of Luck

Mutahir :)

• 1 month later...

If the Display Control Panel options aren't changing enough of the fonts, you might try the registry.

Run regedit

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/FontSubstitutes

Here change the values for 'MS Shell Dlg' and 'MS Shell Dlg 2' to 'Tahoma' (without quotes)

If those values are already set up as Tahoma, then XP was using different fonts before you reinstalled.

Good Luck! :)