Audio galaxy to close its network

FthrJACK

audio galaxy mp3 sharing network has buckled to pressure from the music industry and agreed to pay an undisclosed sum of money and close its network down a' la Napster.

about a year ago i emailed them telling them to avoid being threatened any more they should switch to a distributed network, like edonkey and other file share programs such as direct connect use, this would shift blame off of the makers for content, and they could always stop development and "walk away" but audio galaxy in their spyware money grabbing ways decided not to listen to myself and others who suggested this to them and so now they have to pay out big time.

its a shame, but eventually the music industry will have to take on the likes of IRC and direct connect, i think that will cost them too much money to fight, file share developers will hopefully start to take note of distributed networks in future... heres looking forward to some great new share programs! :)

It will be quite hard to get DC down I think because the mp3's aren't on DC's server they are hosted all over the world, so they would have to shut down all of the servers to stop the sharing. And the mp3's that are downloadable are still from users, the hubs (servers) just connect you to that person like Edonkey. I claim AG to be quite lame when most of the songs on there are "protected" , but people will always find ways to get the music they want for free.... IT WILL NEVER STOP.....

Yep we always can find music elsewhere for free, but it gets harder and harder. There won't be anything like audiogalaxy ever again, it had all the songs you could want (especially at 192kbits) and downloaded without a problem at full speed. Now we have to use networks like Kazaa and WinMX for MP3s :)

I'll wait for version 2 of Blubster, it will have resume support then.

(I know Blubster v1.2.3 has resume, but its very limited in the way it works, and crap for 56k users)