video game console

rkarthea

hey guys,

my semester is finishing quite soon & i need 2 buy a video game console?

suggest some for a budget of about Rs.10000 i.e around $210.

suggest something which plays the latest games also!!!!!!! :rolleyes::)

ermm, this is the situation;

xbox has many quality games but doesnt make as many as ps2 does

ps2 lacks graphically quality like xbox games but it has many games to choose from

gamecube has kiddy-like graphics which is ok in somethings, lacks quality in games..

In my opinion, i'd get an xbox, once i bought an xbox after my ps2, i sold the ps2 as its graphically quality sucked in comparsion.. but of course games arent always good cuz they have good graphics but its like using a 1ghz and moving to a new cool upgrade :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xbox IMHO

And heres why:

Xbox is the most versitile system out there!

1.I run Linux on mine!

2.Xbox Media center, in which i can use the console as a full out media rig for my home entertainment system.

3.Emulators! I play all my fav classics on NES, SNES, Sega, gamebot, GBA, Sega Cd, Neo Geo and even PSX many more

4.Running games from HDD is super fast!

5.Huge amount of mods available!

6.Support for your mods are available and extensive!

|Drew|

Nowadays Xbox support by games is coming thick and fast. PS2 is no longer content king. drewdatrip (above) has said most of whatever else I wanted to say.

As for online support for Xbox, though it is a paid-for service, it's of a good quality - and lots of newer games support the XSN (online service for Xbox).

• 3 weeks later...
Nowadays Xbox support by games is coming thick and fast. PS2 is no longer content king. drewdatrip (above) has said most of whatever else I wanted to say.

As for online support for Xbox, though it is a paid-for service, it's of a good quality - and lots of newer games support the XSN (online service for Xbox).

prathapml, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you about "PS2 is no longer content king." PS2 is the undisputed content master. You cannot beat the selection that PS2 has. What does Xbox have? Halo and some Star Wars games? PS2 has so many amazing games that Xbox doesn't have. The Final Fantasy Series, Metal Gear Solid, Grant Turismo series (and no, Project Gotham Racing can't touch it), GTA games that come out first, just to name a FEW. PS2 also has so many odd and obscure games that are so fun. Remember that the PS2 also has the entire PSX library attributed to it. Also, a lot of the really good Xbox games you can get for PC anyway. Name any Xbox game, and I'll name a PS2 alternative that will match it or is better.

PS2 can also run Linux. http://www.us.playstation.com/peripherals.aspx?id=SCPH-97047

• 2 weeks later...

I'll go with the rest of most of the posters here. I own an XBox and here is why I chose it over the PS2 (I didn't know the difference in gaming and graphics resolution):

• The XBox didn't have built-in DVD support, but the PS2 did. However, if you buy the attachment, you can have the remote on PS2.
  • They both costed about the same.
  • The controller on the PS2 is the original one, with two sticks, one of which is rarely used. I thought that the XBox had a cooler controller
  • I was told by the salesman that XBoxes last longer.
  • An XBox had that line break in the middle of the controller so that if you pull on it too hard, you disconnect the controller and pause your game, rather than have your system fall down.
  • XBox has a hard drive. None of that memory card stuff. 8GB is plenty for even the most diverse gamer.

I'll go with the rest of most of the posters here. I own an XBox and here is why I chose it over the PS2 (I didn't know the difference in gaming and graphics resolution):
  • The XBox didn't have built-in DVD support, but the PS2 did. However, if you buy the attachment, you can have the remote on PS2.
  • They both costed about the same.
  • The controller on the PS2 is the original one, with two sticks, one of which is rarely used. I thought that the XBox had a cooler controller
  • I was told by the salesman that XBoxes last longer.
  • An XBox had that line break in the middle of the controller so that if you pull on it too hard, you disconnect the controller and pause your game, rather than have your system fall down.
  • XBox has a hard drive. None of that memory card stuff. 8GB is plenty for even the most diverse gamer.

Xbox controllers have 2 sticks as wells, and the use of the right analog stick on the PS2 controller depends on your choice of games. For example, when I play Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 or Midnight Club 2, I basically only use the two analog sticks to control the game.

The salesman told you that Xboxes last longer? Well guess what he was selling. Xboxes. Duh. Also I don't know if that statement is valid, I've never heard of any controlled testing nor have I heard of either system dying for anyone I know.

A lot of times, I have my system on the floor, and when I have pulled on my controller and my system was above floor level, the controller disconnected anyway. This has happened to me at least a dozen times and my PS2 has never fallen.

PS2 has a hard drive too, and its 40GB.

And by the way, "costed" isn't a word :) .