Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Startup Content -- very useful site

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 13-September 01
I just came across this site - it provides details of TONS and TONS of applications that our systems may be running. These applications - especially those pesky things that end up running in the background with (or without) our knowledge - are often the cause of many of our system stability problems. Open TASK MANAGER - pick a name of something running - and look it up here:

Get all the info on what the application is and what it does.

Mod - if this should go in Web Sites etc - please move.
"Character is doing the right thing - even when no one is watching" J.C. Watts, Jr.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,688 posts
  • Joined 17-August 01
Very useful, bookmarked.

I may also add that Mike Lin's StartupCPL is one of the best startup programs I've come across where you can control what applications you want loaded at startup or not. Its much better than MSConfig IMO :)