cheaper ram coming our way!!

FthrJACK

rstryker, last i checked soyo dont have a kt333 board out, unless they have a new one out.

the fastest boards with kt333 chipsets out at the moment are ABIT (fastest one) and MSI Kt3 Ultra ARU (my mobo)

the MSI board isnt quite as fast (not that you would notice) but has RAID unlike the ABIT one, i plan to add raid to here eventually for more speed so i got this one, theres a huge thread on mobo recomends here:

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t...be085a0971d457b

and here is usefull:

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?s=7455f5b138...&st=0#entry9424

i decided to go with

SY-KT333 DRAGON Ultra (Platinum Edition)

AMD Socket-A AthlonXP, Athlon & Duron Based VIA KT333 Chipset ATX Motherboard With Platinum Color PCB

D: DDR333 SDRAM

R: Embedded Hipoint IDE-RAID chip, providing ATA-133 IDE-RAID 0,1,0+1

A: On board CMI 8738 providing 6-channel audio solution / optical and SPDIF output included

G: Universal AGP Pro with adjustable voltage

O: Overclocking, increase CPU FSB by 1 MHz increment

N: On board 10/100 Mbps Ethernet function by Realtek 8100B controller

Ultra: On board high-speed USB 2.0

Platinum - Special PCB color with heat dissipation effect and a unique color to show off!

see it at http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=46

rstryker

Not to take anything away from AMD as I strongly like their CPUs, but I have featured a P4, ASUS, RDRAM article on my homepage, http://www.msnwar.com , you might find good bathroom reading.  :)

ive been using the asus board for a while now and its rock solid with my NEC RDRAM love it..wouldnt have anything else now

you will regret that when the kt400 boards come out :)

I really dont think kt400 is gonna be that big a deal for me...maybe someone else.

The KT400, which is a followup to the KT333 for the Athlon which Via is expected to launch on the 20th of this month, supports both Athlon XPs and Durons, has twin 200/266MHz front side bus support, support for DDR333 and DDR400 ECC, AGP 4X and AGP8x and will sample next month, with production in the second quarter.

The only benefit for me i think would be the DDR400 support...but not that big a deal. agp8x wont really effect me for a while because i just bought this ati all n wonder radeon 7500 a couple months ago and dont plan on changing it for quite a while. by then who knows what the next big thing will be. i am just ready to move up to ddr and an athlon xp (probably 2000 or 2100) from my current athlon 1200 and pc133.

you will regret that when the kt400 boards come out :rolleyes:

So... I buy the KT400, I'm gonna regret it when the 466 comes out. Oh, so there's no point in buying a mobo anymore now? :)

Good board, but limited.

FSB 200/266, I prefer FSB 533 on the i850 chipset

3 RAM Sockets, I prefer 4 RAM Sockets (4 sticks @ 256mb)

If I wanted an Athlon XP I would consider this board.

Good board, but limited.

FSB 200/266, I prefer FSB 533 on the i850 chipset

3 RAM Sockets, I prefer 4 RAM Sockets (4 sticks @ 256mb)

what good is a FSB 533 when you can only install a piece of s%$t CPU in it ROFLMAO

do i see smudgy marks on the L1 bridges on that cpu? has someone been overclocking it with a naff HSF on top? :)

Kt333 is going to be a quick flypast im affriad, KT400 is what companies are getting exited about, NVIDIA and ATI are supposed to be skipping over KT333 and launching right into the KT400 market as they both came about so close, hence you wont be seeing KT333 graphics cards and Nforce boards around.

wait for KT400 if you can, or if like me you cant wait that long to get your new system up and running go for it.

whats slowing my pc down at the moment is the CPU, not because its slow but because of the bus speed isnt up with the RAM, but once kt400 has been out for a while i might well remove that bottleneck, ill see

:rolleyes: