XPCreate and RIS

fczajka

I have gone through the process of creating an ISO successfully. I have used an ISO extraction tool to place the patched sources locally and then ran rissetup.exe. It starts copying as expected, but when it gets to drivers.cab I am receving an access denied message. Anyone seen this, or even have had this issue?

//FC

Frederick Czajka

I have successfully used an XPCreate Image to create a RIS baseline install. I haven't updated it recently, however, so I'm not sure if any of the new patches would cause this problem. My baseline was 4/22/04 IIRC. You say you're extracting from the ISO? Are you actually extracting from an ISO image, or do you have a CD that you're copying from? Any chance you can just copy or use XPCreate's CDROOT folder? (bypassing the make/extract process). Have you been able to use that ISO image / CDROm to actually install XP?

Just shooting out some ideas that come to the top of my head.

I was just lettin' ya stew!

Welcome to XPCREATE!

Also, as stated, you can use CDROOT instead of the ISO if you require the files in that form. With extracting you would probably would end up with a corrupted DRIVER.CAB or something ...

• 2 weeks later...

:D Hi GM and you others!

I have used XPCREATE (27-APR-2004) and then putting it on a RIS-server, working OK.

However I have one question: I want to install WinXP including all patches, both those "streamlined" and those described in RUNONCEEX.CMD which can not be streamlined, and Norton Antivirus Client (which I also put in RUNONCEEX.CMD).

Beside this I want to install "std software" like Acrobat Reader based on Machine Group Policy in Active Directory.

My Problem :D is that the order these are installed in are: WinXP-slipstream - "std software" - RUNONCEEX.CMD. Is there a way to defer the AD-apps being installed AFTER RUNONCEEX.CMD?? :)

OR, do I have to "skip the Machine GPO" (which I prefer not to do), and put the apps in RUNONCEEX.CMD?

Be COOL, it's summertime :rolleyes:

BlueLANe

I would opt for skipping RunOnceEx, and just using GPO. The applications you need installed before that point you can do from CMDLINES.TXT, otherwise include them in the GPO installations.

Other than that ... I dunno!