the new PC

FthrJACK

Thats a very nice comp you have there, very colourful :rolleyes: One thing i especially like is the cable coverers, i want some of them :D Where you get em? Gw on the machine though, looks good to me :)

the white stuff is just spiral wrap it can be bought from maplin or even b+q i think, i got 4 meter of it from http://www.coolcasemods.com

just after posting those piccies i modded my Radeon 8500 64mb graphics card.

First i took a "credit card" and a cardboard business card and put them over the edge of the pcb and slightly under the heatsink on the graphics card.

Then using a flat knife i gently rocked the blade from side to side until the heatsink and fan popped off. it took about 10 seconds to do, wasnt hard but was kinda scary doing this to a £178 card!

Next up came the cleaning, u used a blade to scrape off excess glue from the old heatsink, then using nail varnish remover and tissue paper i rubbed the rest off.

Following that was sanding, using a sanding block and fine paper i got the top of the processor down till it was nice and smooth and flat as i could get it.

then it was a simple case of sticking the new heatsink and fan on with thermal glue, Arctic Silver Epoxy from http://www.chillblast.com

next up ill add some heatsinks to the ram chips on the card, but ill have to wait till i get more thermal tape. i just asked in the local pc store if he had any old heatsinks i could buy off him and he gave me a few so i could try them out, he chucked in an old cyrix 486 too with one of the heatsinks lol. i didnt pay for them they where no use to the shop so i got them simply for the cost of asking :) ill cut them into size later and ill post some pics of those being added to it.

www.msfn.org/images/b2.jpg

www.msfn.org/images/8500-mod.jpg

www.msfn.org/images/8500-mod02.jpg

www.msfn.org/images/8500-mod03.jpg

www.msfn.org/images/8500-mod04.jpg

www.msfn.org/images/8500-mod05.jpg