How do you enable a feature in Outlook 2002

LS_Dragons

OK - who is an Outlook genius out there? The numbnuts IT folks where I work have decided (in their infinite wisdom) to disable a feature I really like in Outlook 2002. They have disabled the "Suggest names when typing in the To:, CC:, BC: field" feature. Not sure how they did this - but I am pretty sure I should be able to get it back. Just don't know where to look. The option is greyed out when you go to advanced email options. Anyone out there have a suggestion on where to go to get this feature back?

Thanks

LS_Dragons

i'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but i'll give it a try

go to Tools > Options > Send tab > check the box next to "automatically complete e-mail addresses when composing"

That should do it :)

Blackwar

Nope - that is what I was trying to say in my post - the idiots who set up our 'corporate' installation managed to take that feature away -- it is GREYED out, so cannot be enabled. I was hoping someone on the board here might know enough to describe a way to hack it back into play. Thought it might be in a outlook related file - like a policy or something. Not real hopeful - but figured I have seen a ton of stuff here on the board that was new to me, so I would give it a shot.

LS

At your work you should speak to the guys that deal with your IT, get them up to your office or wherever and tell them to put it back on. Suggest its not a securtiy risk to the server or network and ask if they put it back on.

Also, another idea: Re-install the Outlook if you can or even another version. They will be out of sync with the server thus enabling you to get your option back up :)

Hope that helps!! Gl.