unattended Window media player 10 setup?

• 2 weeks later...

I have it working with a slipstreamed XP SP2 cd with media player 9 installed by default & System Restore disabled upon setup & in my Apps.bat file (which is executed at logon) I have the following code

ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %windir%\Apps\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"
ECHO Finished

Tried & Tested - Works perfectly!  B)

Thank you, gentlemen. I have now included MP10 on my preinstall's. There's less and less we need to install now after the install is finished. At this rate, I'll have it so automated we can install and sysprep without doing anything more :)

I am using this switch and although in my first attempts I managed to do it succesfully, after I changed in winnt.sif the default location of program files to D: then WMP 10 does not install at all even though I have changed the location in my cmd file to d:setup_wm.exe :blink:
Any ideas guys?

• 3 months later...
[quote name='dandragonrage' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:40 PM']If you left out WMP9 and you get the incompatible error when trying to install later, then what you do is extract WMP10, right click on WMP10.inf, install... And then you will be able to run the installer normally and it won't b***h anymore.[/quote]
Brilliant! Simple and 100% effective. In fact I did not even have to run the installer, just right click on 'wmp10.inf' click on install and that's it, media player 10 installed and ready to go.

• 3 months later...

so is it now confirmed that wmp10 can be installed silently (without any EULA and accept-this accept-that windows) during win xp sp2 unattended install? or is there any other glitch that is left? seems everytime some one comes up with a potential solution theres a new problem that comes up...if this is final i will copy-paste the code :P...im totally useless in coding so cant really understand anything.. :lol:

All switchs metioned here didn't work in my unattended cd. I don't know why. I found if I set Media Player 9 at first, then 10 can be installed silently in command line mode. So I use InstallRite to set 9, then run 10's setup. Unfortunatly, the same command didn't work in RunOnceEx mode. "setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N", this command just work in command line mode.
Is there any advice?

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Banshee' date='Sep 8 2004, 03:24 PM']I have it working with a slipstreamed XP SP2 cd with media player 9 installed by default & System Restore disabled upon setup & in my Apps.bat file (which is executed at logon) I have the following code

[code]ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %windir%\Apps\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"
ECHO Finished[/code]

Tried & Tested - Works perfectly!  B)
[right][post="185427"][/post][/right][/quote]

Same i do. Works pefekt. :thumbup
Greetings
Dinu

[quote name='Rico.JohnnY' date='Jun 3 2004, 05:41 PM']Window Media Player 10.0.0.3473 Technical Beta,released recently,how to do the unattended setup of that?what are the relevant switches?

i have tried /Q:A /R:N  ,but that didnt work...can someone tell how to do that?
[right][post="137471"][/post][/right][/quote]

A working command line is:
START /WAIT /HIGH MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /P:#e"
:thumbup

• 6 months later...
An easier way than doing all this would be to extract it using MP10Setup.exe /T:C:\mp10 /C and then copy wmploc.DLL from there to C:\Windows\System32 and then run the setup file