Unattended Mozilla Install

Spad

The installer file versions for 1.6 and 1.7RC3 are the same.

I have to report that now Mozilla DOES show up in the add/remove programs dialog (as Mozilla Firefox 0.8). Maybe I was just too tired and overlooked it yesterday or the machine needs a reboot before this shows in the add/remove section...

I'm still working on slipstreaming extensions into the installer and any help towards that is greatly appreciated...

EDIT:

Firefox shows up in add/remove programs when NONE of the slipstreamed extensions in config.ini fails. Should one of these extensions fail to install, Firefox is installed correctly nontheless but the script aborts and the uninstaller isn't copied over to the installation directory and NOT added to the add/remove section.

Hey Alanoll,996 & Bashrat!

carry on with the good work.

Looks like we are just 2 days of discussions away from *FORCING* this beast (moz installer) to work for us. My wishes are with you :tongue:

hi guys, tried using the mozilla 2.1.6 setup.exe on a firefox 0.9 installer... it seems to work with that as well... i just executed the setup.exe from mozilla using the -ma -ira arguments.

anyhow, as with Alanoll, the screen went crazy and refreshed like crazy during the silent installation.

i was wondering, have i installed it properly?

also, looking at the config.ini file of the firefox installer, i saw these lines at the first part of the file:

[General]
; Run Mode values:
;   Normal - Shows all dialogs.  Requires user input.
;   Auto   - Shows some dialogs, but none requiring user input.  It will
;            automatically install the product using default values.
;   Silent - Show no dialogs at all.  It will install product using default
;            values.
Run Mode=Silent

it defaults to Normal, but even as I entered silent, when i run setup.exe without any arguments, im being prompted to enter where to install firefox. (kinda the same effect as using -ma -ira arguments.

@996: i realized, modifying some settings under the config.ini file within the firefox 0.9 installer changes the behavior of the installation. im just unsure how it effects the installation process altogether... with some modifications of the config.in file, i was able to simply double click on the setup.exe and it bypassed all dialogs... except that it pauses at the part where it is installing the Quality Feedback Agent.

here are some settings i altered:

[General]
Run Mode=Auto
;Default is Normal

[Dialog Select Install Path]
Show Dialog=FALSE
;Default is TRUE

[Dialog Downloading]
Show Dialog=FALSE
;Default is TRUE

[Dialog Install Successful]
Show Dialog=FALSE
;Default is TRUE

post-80-1087573786_thumb.png

@996: i realized, modifying some settings under the config.ini file within the firefox 0.9 installer changes the behavior of the installation. im just unsure how it effects the installation process altogether... with some modifications of the config.in file, i was able to simply double click on the setup.exe and it bypassed some dialogs...

here are some settings i did:

[General]

Run Mode=Auto

[Dialog Select Install Path]

Show Dialog=FALSE

SOME or ALL dialogs?

Well I just checked again and it is working here using this way:

• start the firefox installer
  • find the temp_ns folder somewhere in your temp files
  • copy its contents to a safe location
  • cancel & quit firefox installer
  • do the same with the mozilla 1.7 installer
  • copy mozillas setup.exe (file version 1.0.0.2) to the location you copied the firefox files to, replacing the original one (or rename it beforehand)
  • open config.ini and set run mode to "Silent", save it
  • from the command line run setup.exe -ma -ira
  • it installs silently

You can disable the quality feedback agent QFA in config.ini also but check if it works first...

hmm, nice.

here though, i was able to skip using mozilla's setup.exe by combining the modified config.ini with an autoit script.

here's my autoit script:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 3)
Run(@HomeDrive&"\Others\firefox\setupff.exe")
WinWait("Install Complete")
BlockInput(1)
ControlCommand("Install Complete", "", "Launch Mozilla Firefox 0.9 now.", "UnCheck", "")
ControlClick("Install Complete", "", "Finish")
BlockInput(0)
ProcessWaitClose("setupff.exe")
DirRemove (@HomeDrive&"\uninstall" ,1)
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

i also attached the modified config.ini file i used to install firefox.

config.zip